020

Aether

"Never have I ever kissed someone on the lips." My chest suddenly felt tight after he said that.

"You haven't?" Xi asked.

Xiao's eyes met mine. I immediately looked away when he caught me staring at him, and he answered, "No."

I know that he didn't remember our first kiss, but why does the second time hearing it hurt so bad? It made me remind myself that my love for him was only one-sided.

Stop it and be positive. Maybe it's one of those days when my mood feels under the weather. I want to get out and give myself some fresh air to clear my head.

"I need to go to the bathroom. I want to pee," I whispered to Venti.

"Can't you hold it in? I couldn't accept that Kazuha hasn't lost his fingers yet, so how about we work together and make him lose the game?"

I sighed and answered, "No. I really have to pee."

He looked at me and said, "But if you do, you're out of the game."

"It's fine."

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

I nodded my head and answered, "Of course! What makes you think I don't?"

"You don't sound okay to me," he mumbled.

I rolled my eyes and planted a smile. "I am. I just really have to pee." But the problem is: the smile was fake.

Chongyun coughed and crossed his arms. "Can we also join your talk?"

"I have to go to the bathroom," I said, and I excused myself. I didn't wait for them to say a word because I really wanted to be alone for a few minutes.

I saw a balcony near by and went there to stare at the starry night sky and inhale the fresh breeze. What am I doing? It's so rare for me to easily get upset because my seduction attempts with him before were way worse than now.

I understand that he may not have known that he kissed me because he fainted at the time, but I still have hopes that he will remember when he wakes up. It turned out that it was only me who cared and enjoyed the moment.

It also made me wonder if he put in efforts to try and remember what he had forgotten, but he probably doesn't.

Jeez, why am I emotional today? I was not even emotional when I confessed to him and he rejected me. He felt uneasy and avoided me after that, so why does it have to be now? It's so not me. I sighed and stared at the sky to see the stars.

"I thought you were going to the bathroom, but what brings you here?" My head immediately turned around when a deep voice suddenly spoke. My eyes widened, and it made me curious about why he was here.

"Xiao." My heart skipped a beat when he moved closer beside me and looked at me.

"Silly, that was only an excuse. I just want to head out and clear my head." He nodded his head and stared at the sky as well.

This was awkward. I don't know what to say, which was weird because I am usually bubbly. My mind can't even think about what to write about.

"Are you okay?" It's not that it's a competition, but he's even more weird than me because he's concerned about me. It's not the first time I've heard him ask that question, but it always gives me butterflies.

I noticed that his cheeks had turned red. "Venti said that you seem upset about something, so I want to ask you if that's true."

My lips curled into a smile. "I was upset, but I'm fine now."