Chapter 11 Part 1: Worthy Prankster

PRINCIPAL CLEVELAND PRODUCTION FACILITY

In full costume minus the headpiece, Loki knocked at the door to the props room. He smiled as Kaleigh answered it. "Just the person I wanted to see."

Kaleigh looked up at Loki with eyes full of wonder. "Um... hi..."

LOKI: Are you absolutely sure you don't want me to flirt with her?

TOM: Loki... remember our agreement.

LOKI: If you had a body right now, I'd tell you where you can put that agreement.

TOM: If I had a body right now, we wouldn't need one.

LOKI: Fair point. I promise to be a gentleman for the sake of your reputation.

"I'm on a lunch break," Loki began, "and hoped you could help me play a practical joke on a few of the Avengers."

"Sure," she replied without hesitation. "What do you need?"

"Your help," Loki said with a hushed voice, "along with Mjolnir and Cap's shield."

Her eyes lit up at the possibilities. "Do you need a camera?" Kaleigh asked as she pulled out her cell phone. "I could be your cameraman."

Loki grinned at her willingness to go beyond what he asked. "I planned to use my phone, but I require a second pair of hands. Yours would be perfect. Once you've taken a photo for me you're welcome to take one of your own."

Kaleigh beamed at his offer. "I appreciate that. I'll grab one of the shields and one of the hammers, and we'll go." She retrieved the pristine hero prop of the Mjolnir hammer and the shiny hero prop shield from one of the prop storage areas, quickly rejoining Loki at the door. "Here," she giggled as she handed Loki the shield first.

"Thank you, my lady," he replied, turning it around to slip his arm through the underside straps -

- and blinked with surprise at the envelope attached to the back of the shield. Glancing at Kaleigh, he studied her face to read her eyes and emotions.

She noticed the change come over Loki, her expression immediately turning to confusion. "What is it?"

TOM: Call it a feeling, but she didn't know this was back here.

LOKI: I think so too. She would react very differently if she did.

Loki smiled to reassure her. "It's nothing."

Careful to keep the envelope out of sight from Kaleigh as they walked together down the hall, he placed his free hand behind his back and retrieved his S.H.I.E.L.D. phone from his pocket dimension. Unlocking the screen quickly, he took a pair of photos of the envelope attached to the back of the shield. Using the same sleight of hand as before, he quietly used his magic to remove the envelope from the shield and place both it and his phone into his pocket dimension.

The two of them walked to a set of a brick hallway that reminded Tom of parts of the Underground in London. Loki pulled Tom's phone from a hidden pocket in the costume, opened the camera, and handed it to Kaleigh in exchange for the hammer. Crouching low to the ground, Loki staged a triumphant pose with Mjolnir and the shield.

Kaleigh laughed at the sight. "That's perfect," she told him as she snapped several photos with Tom's phone before using her own to take a few of him as well. As Loki stood back up, she grinned at him. "Thank you for letting me help you! Would you let me know how the prank goes with the others?"

"I would be glad to make sure you find out," Loki told her with a wink, making her blush at the gesture.

They walked back to the props department, making small talk as they returned. At the door to the prop department, Loki took her hand and kissed the back of it before he handed her the props. "Thank you again, dear lady, for your assistance and a thoroughly enjoyable conversation."