Chapter 11 Part 2: A Shocking Twist

PRINCIPAL CLEVELAND PRODUCTION FACILITY - Several days later

Tom and Chris Hemsworth climbed out of the hired car and walked the rest of the way back to the production facility from dinner out in Cleveland. They walked through the halls towards their trailers as Chris pulled out his cell phone. "Oh, before I forget... I meant to ask you which one of the props crew helped you with this?"

Tom laughed warmly as Chris turned his phone screen to reveal a photo of Tom with Mjolnir and the shield taken over his lunch break today. This time they found no envelope attached to the shield. Due to the date and time stamp attached to the other photos, Loki insisted that Tom send the ones taken today after they finished the day's filming. The originals remained solely in the possession of Tom and Loki. "Finders keepers," Tom grinned. "I told you and Chris that I'm not giving them back."

"Did you send that photo to anyone beyond the two of us?" Chris quizzed as he placed the phone back in his pocket.

"Maybe the other Avengers," Tom began, an impish twinkle lighting his eye, "and perhaps a few of my closest fans on social media."

Chris groaned dramatically. "You are a royal brat. You know that, right?"

"Yes, but I still need to get you back," Tom responded dryly, "for putting cling film on the kitchen tap in my trailer. Loki said many colorful things during his unplanned shower, and not all of it was in English. I can't say I wanted the translation for some of that."

Chris chortled at the mental image. "I can only imagine. Though I'm concerned over how he plans to top putting jello in Scarlett's bath."

"You'll have to wait and find out."

Their discussion was interrupted by a loud buzz and an odd bluish-white light resembling an electrical arc off in the distance. Within the minute the sound of static alternated with the electrical buzz as the light grew brighter. Chris raised an eyebrow as he glanced at Tom. "That almost sounds like - "

He never got the chance to finish. A blinding white flash lit the area as a deafening boom made the two men duck to the ground. Instantly both the light and all noise ceased.

"Tom," Chris whispered in the pitch dark and silent facility, "I don't like this."

"Neither do I." Tom pulled his cell phone from his pocket. "Lumos." The camera flash of the cell phone turned on, providing him light.

Chris also held his cell phone in his hand, indicating he had the same idea. "Lumos," he said quietly, and his flash turned on to provide them additional light. "Whatever happened, it killed the power for the building."

The two of them pointed their lights around them into the darkness in an attempt to determine which way to go. The odor of overcooked meat hit Tom's nose, only he could not identify what kind. "Do you smell something burning?"

"Yes," Chris nodded, his nose wrinkled in confirmation. "I smell it too. It's a horrid smell, like someone left some sort of meat on the barbie too long."

LOKI: Unfortunately I recognize that odor. That burning smell comes from human flesh.

Tom grimaced. "Loki said that it smells like someone burning." He heaved a worried sigh. "I have a very bad feeling about this."

"I do too." Chris kept his voice low. "Didn't you say you were the one who found Jordan?"

"We did. Loki was in charge that day," Tom answered in kind. "He and Tony found him together. I need to switch with Loki immediately and convince him to call Tony."

In the blink of an eye, Loki traded control with Tom. Immediately Loki turned to Chris and cast a glamour that made both of them look like well-armed S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. "I'm putting you under my protection before we investigate."