Chapter 13 Part 2: That's a Wrap

TOM'S QUARTERS / AVENGERS'S PRINCIPAL PHOTOGRAPHY - The next day

Loki rolled over and hugged his pillow, reluctant to get out of bed. Though Tom promised more opportunities for MCU films in the future, Loki did not want to see his days on this one end. In the short time he worked with his castmates, they treated him like he was part of a family... namely their family, in spite of the fact that they knew the truth.

A sparkle like stardust on his pillow caught his eye, and Loki glanced down at its surface. A closer look revealed the source of the phenomenon to be some of Scarlett's glitter bomb, still left in his hair after the prior evening. A lump lodged in his throat.

LOKI: I told you that you should have let me get rid of the glitter. Sparkling is undignified for a god of mischief and chaos. I'm getting rid of the rest of it now.

TOM: Leave it in the carpet at the door until it's time to leave. I want to see it when we come and go today so we can remember everything.

LOKI: You're so sentimental.

TOM: You're the one with a lump stuck in your throat.

LOKI: Shut it.

With a simple shift of his aura, Loki banished the glitter from his hair and everywhere else he could find it in the trailer, dumping every fleck in the patch by the door where it belonged. He walked to the bathroom for the morning shower, using the same magic to clean the remaining drink mix from the showerhead before climbing in.

Once clean and dry, Loki returned to the bedroom to dress. He put back on the clothes from last night but decided to wear a different pair of shoes. Picking up a nearby pair of Converse, he stuck his foot inside one of the shoes. When it didn't go on all the way, he took it back off and peeked inside. A rolled-up sock was stuffed into the toe of the shoe, and Loki quickly determined the other shoe also had one. He quickly reviewed Tom's memories and determined this was not one of Tom's habits. It had to be another prank. Loki pulled the rolled socks from the shoes before putting them on.

Loki continued to find additional pranks as he prepared and ate breakfast for their last day of filming, enough that it made him slightly late for his appointment in the makeup chair. He apologized profusely as he sat, as this morning the applications included fake injuries to his face. Loki regaled them with the tales of all the pranks the two of them found in the trailer, telling them as if he was the sole recipient. The tactic charmed the makeup crew, as they laughed throughout the entire hair and makeup session.

Eventually finished at Hair and Makeup, Loki hurried to Wardrobe to put on the costume for the last time in this production. Since he had the luxury of being alone to change from Tom's clothes to the base costume, he quickly swapped the two with magic to make up for the time lost earlier. If there wasn't a murderer to catch and secrets to protect, he would have ignored the costume and used his own clothes for the final scene. With a sigh, he opened the door in preparation for the additional pieces to be added by the Wardrobe crew.

Loki stood in the center of the room as the crew slowly layered on the remainder of the costume. He sighed as he finally caught up with his thoughts and the man in his mind.

LOKI: I'm not ready for today.

TOM: Neither am I.

LOKI: I know everyone played all the pranks on us, but I have an idea for one more on them. We should trade who does each take today to keep everyone on their toes. Since we have no lines, they would be hard-pressed to keep up with the switch.

TOM: Why not. We have nothing to lose. Alright, let's switch off each take as you suggest. I would also like to do it because this day belongs to both of us.