2.

╔══════════════╗chapter two ╚══════════════╝

╔══════════════╗
chapter two
╚══════════════╝

"So, let me just see if I got this right," Killian spoke up from his seat on the Cullen's couch with his sister sitting next to him. She had just given him the run down of everything that has occurred since her arrival in Forks. Being the protective brother that Killian proudly was, he was quick to turn a menacing glare towards every vampire standing in the room. "You people knew that there were still two of these 'nomads' around, but decided to leave my little sister unprotected against them?"

The Cullens expected him to say it in a shout, but it seemed even worse with lethal calm dripping from every word. Rosalie stood against the furthest wall while still having a good look on the new vampire that's dropped into their lives. While the Swan man intrigued her to no end, that doesn't mean she trusts him around her family yet.

Just another Swan to keep them on their toes, she thought bitterly.

"Son, we thought that Victoria would be coming for Edward considering that's who James was truly after to begin with. He saw the protection Edward was willing to give Bella, and he wanted to exploit it," the leader of this coven calmly spoke up towards the seething newborn. They all needed to keep a level head, or else those same heads would begin rolling.

Killian turned his heated stare towards the bronze haired boy that was seated on the arm of the couch he was sitting on. Edward seemed to be smart because he sat where Bella would be between them. Unlike his sister, Killian's thoughts jumped out at him. Upon their first meeting, he knew that the Swan man would never hurt his little sister. It was like a barrier that Killian couldn't cross, but that didn't stop him from mentally killing Edward, multiple times.

"What I'm hearing is, is that it's your fault."

Bella was quick to smack her brother on the back of his head at placing this blame on her boyfriend knowing that he blames himself enough as it is. An action that made the Cullen family tense, not knowing how a newborn would react to that.

"Kill, shut it. It's done now, nothing you can do about it," Bella was quick to say.

"I could always make him tear his limbs from his body," Killian sent his sister a mischievous smirk that Rosalie wouldn't admit out loud how hot it looked on him.

At hearing his sister's thoughts, Edward couldn't help the amusing smile to surface despite the threat he was just given.

"What do you mean 'make him'?" the male blonde vampire, known as Jasper, questioned with his arm wrapped protectively around his mate while keeping her slightly behind him. Killian could understand wanting to protect their loved ones from him, so he tried not to take it too personally.