6.

╔══════════════╗chapter six╚══════════════╝

╔══════════════╗
chapter six
╚══════════════╝

"So how was your visit with Sam the other day?" Jasper asks from his spot coaching the two brunettes during their mock battle. Emmett decided that he was bored with his new gaming system, so then dragged Jasper over to Killian's place to spar with him. Only after having to beg relentlessly the Swan man into it, and him only going along with the childish wrestling if Emmett agreed that he owed Killian a favor whenever he needed something.

But then after the first few minutes of fighting, Killian learned that it was no childish wrestling when Emmett went full force into knocking him through the mud.

"It went good! Rose was actually here when I got back," Killian blocked Emmett's incoming punch while sending a kick into his gut to push him away. He was not going to allow Emmett to surprise him again. "Was kinda surprised because she said she was worried about me meeting Sam again."

"Wait what?!" Emmett slipped up causing Killian to swing out his leg against Emmett's causing him to take a harsh tumble to the ground. Emmett only pushed himself up on his elbows to squint up at Killian through the flying dust to see the winner of the match offering him a hand up. "Rose said she was worried about you?"

"Yeah, why?" once Emmett gripped onto his own hand, Killian swung him up standing once more. "Is that weird or something?"

"Oh, um," Emmett looked helplessly towards Jasper who was only shaking his head in defeat. Emmett soon realized his slip up. "No reason!"

"You're lying," Killian only smirked at the large vampire who looked like he was a child getting caught peeking at early Christmas presents. "Why would it be weird if Rose only checked on me? We're friends."

"Yeah! Yeah friends," Killian could feel Jasper's glare towards Emmett even though it was not even directed towards him. He would not want to be on the receiving end of one of those anytime soon. It only seemed to remind him of his superiors in the marines, and those guys scared the absolute crap out of him, even now. "You too are just friends! Nothing more!"

"Nothing more?" Killian looks back and forth between the two Cullens in confusion. He couldn't help the small feeling of hope feel his chest. He may not fully understand what the feelings were between him and the Cullen girl, but he knew he very much enjoyed whatever it was. "Has Rose said anything otherwise?"

"No!" Jasper could feel Killian's hope crash and burn from Emmett's answer, and he began to feel bad for him. With Rosalie's past, she was pushing away what she was feeling towards the Swan man. And Killian just didn't understand what was going on. He had only been a vampire for three years, and everything was still new to him. "Well, not exactly.."

"I'm so confused," Killian muttered out to himself while flicking away dirt that was sticking to his clothes. He should have known better and worn old clothes that he didn't mind ruining. "I'm so confused with everything to do with Rose to be honest with you."