7.

╔══════════════╗chapter seven ╚══════════════╝

╔══════════════╗
chapter seven
╚══════════════╝

The two vampires sat in their same position for over an hour without saying a word to the other. They didn't want words to ruin this tranquil moment they had established after the bomb of both of their heartbreaking backstories coming into the light.

Mates were equals in their world. Maybe the universe saw these two broken individuals and thought that they can help patch each other back to together again. Hopefully.

Killian and Rosalie both knew that it would take time to learn everything about the other. All of their flaws, mannerisms, but also their regrets that still haven't been brought into the light. They knew that the other would come forward when they were ready.

Rosalie was the one to crack the silence with holding back a shiver from Killian running his hands through her golden hair, "So, what do we do now?"

"Well, I don't know about you, but my back is in spasms from sitting on this floor for so long. So would it be possible to move this amazing cuddle session onto the couch?" Rosalie knew he was joking with her, but she still lifted herself off from his chest to move on the couch leaving him sprawled out on the floor. Maybe then he wouldn't complain about his back again. She was wrong. "Ugh, such relief!"

"Get up here, you oof," Rosalie patted the spot next to her with a laugh before tucking her legs back underneath her.

He quickly did what he was told with a, "Yes, ma'm."

Killian plopped down onto the couch causing Rosalie to bounce up from the back lash. He didn't waste a moment before taking her hand back into his own like he is still needing her cool touch to not be transferred back into his haunted African memories. "And to answer your question about what to do now? I absolutely have no idea."

"Well, that's helpful," Rosalie joked before placing her arm on the back of the couch to run her fingers through Killian's curls. She didn't miss how his head turned to give her better access, and she couldn't stop the smile from spreading at that.

"I mean, we could watch a movie?" Despite her seeing the teasing in his eyes, it didn't stop her from releasing his hand to smack at his chest.  "What? A movie sounds pretty good right now? I don't know about you, but I'm a fan of romantic comedies."

"Be serious," she told him knowing that that seems to be an almost impossible occurrence for Killian. He may have been sucked dry at all of the seriousness that was tonight. She just placed her hand back into his hair before running her fingernails across his scalp. "I just..I need to know what the plan is?"