5.

╔══════════════╗chapter five╚══════════════╝

╔══════════════╗
chapter five
╚══════════════╝

Bella and Killian spent their weekend together in his new house. After two weeks of living there, it was finally starting to get the feeling of home instead of just four walls and a roof. It was a feeling he hadn't felt for years, and it continued to grow every time he had company over.

Emmett and Jasper have come by a few times to keep him company with Rosalie coming along twice. He felt himself warm when he would see her tagging along with her two adopted brothers to visit him. Killian still didn't quite know how to describe the feeling of seeing the blonde, but it was similar to how he was beginning to describe Forks as home once more.

"Edward tells me that you, Emmett, and Jasper are getting close?" Bella asks him before placing her bookmark in the book she was currently reading. The two siblings were sitting in their chairs within the library of Killian's house trying to catch him up on missed literature.

"Yeah, they're alright," Killian only flips the page of his book and continues reading. "They keep things interesting when the sun is out, and when you're too busy with your boy toy to spend time with your big brother."

Killian looks over the cover of his fantasy novel to see his sister giving him the stink eye which only makes a teasing smile appear from him. Without another word, he goes back to the words of Sarah J. Maas. It was actually a novel that Alice recommended to him, and so far he was quite enjoying it. Unlike the boring books Jasper has tried to throw on him, his mate knows a good story.

"And I called Sam," Killian said keeping his eyes on the page describing a horrid city underneath a mountain filled with winged monsters and a red haired bitch.  If he was being honest with himself, he felt like he wanted to be under the mountain fighting through the character's trails rather than going to the meeting he set up with the alpha werewolf. "I told him what happened to me and how I wanted to meet up. He agreed." 

"Do you think it'll be safe?" Bella wonders out loud. She knew how she always tells Edward how the wolves would never hurt her because of her being human and friends with Jacob despite their relationship being strained at the moment, but her brother was a different story. He's a three year old vampire, their mortal enemy, and his friendship with Sam was strained because he left.

"Yes, we're meeting on neutral ground, but if what you and the Cullens say is true about this treaty, then I need to talk with him," Killian finally placed his bookmark within his own book to look up at his sister. "We need to agree on terms if we're gonna live in the same town. If Sam wishes to become friends once more, then I will be happy, but if not, I'll understand."