Chapter 5

A flyer is what changed my, Shinra Tsubaki's life. The Shinra clan to which I was born to had a long existence of purifying evil spirits. But because of the 'mirror' I possessed, I became a cursed existence to my clan. I was isolated from everyone as they tended to avoid me like the plague.

I was whispered about, silently shamed, and forgotten. I wanted to be angry, but on some level, I couldn't. Even I began to hate my existence, believing that the Gods had cursed me. 

"Why?"

I asked myself that question many times.

Why was I cursed?

Why did it have to be me?

Couldn't it have been someone else?

Almost every day, abnormal beings leaked from the mirror, causing more trouble in the clan. Even my parents began to ignore me on some level. But everything changed one day when I found a flyer near the outskirts of the Clan's compound. It emitted a faint magic signature and curiosity had gotten the better of me.

A Devil was what appeared before me, no, it was more like a Devil in disguise. She was young, about my age, with short black hair and violet eyes. 

"What is that you desire? What is your wish?"

Spite.

I wanted to spite my clan for thinking I was cursed, for leaving me, for thinking that I do not exist anymore. I wished to become the thing my clan was tasked to purify.

An Evil Spirit...

A Devil.

Son Sitri, A Devil Heiress, took me into her peerage as her Queen. I never looked back at my Clan that day and ever since. 

She took me to her home here in the Human World and that was when I met Shinganji Akio. Bleached hair, golden brown eyes, and unusually sharp teeth. When I first laid eyes on him, he was in the kitchen cooking breakfast with a pink apron on.

Sona told me that he was her first piece and her Pawn in her peerage. He looked...not very friendly as if he was unapproachable. But then again, it had been a long time since I've really spoken to anyone so it might've just been me.

Days turned into weeks and still, we had barely spoken that was until the day we had to go to the Underworld or the Devil realm. I had to admit that I was really frightened. This was all new to me...

...But...

"It's not such a bad place."

The first words he had ever said to me on the train. Although he was a little younger than me, just by his voice and eyes, I could see that he had gone through something terrible. The only ones in the car at the time were Akio and me. Sona had to sit in the front cars where only the Master of the peerage could go.

When arrived at the Sitri territory, all I could see was green that stretched out into the far distance. Lord Sitri and Lady Sitri were very kind to me...

And then there was Sona's big sister. She was...interesting to say the least. But she wasn't around much since she was one of the Maous of the Devil Realm.

It happened late one night. 

The mirror brought forth abnormal beings that began to terrorize me while I slept. I Screamed and cowered in the corner as they taunted me, mocking me with the voices of my Clan members.

"Failure."

"Abomination."

"A cursed existence."

"You are a disgrace!"