Chapter One

My fists trembled as he held her with such genuine affection, the cold steely blue eyes I had always known were brightly gleaming as he caressed the Omega female's belly tenderly as if they weren't publicly humiliating me in front of our pack. I watched, helplessly as he kissed her neck playfully before looking at me with that same discontent face. I could feel my mentality snap as this lower breed female smirked at me. What I wouldn't give to have that bitch's throat in my teeth but the painful sock of their betrayal froze me in place. Even as he paraded her right up to me and I could smell their scents mingling as one making my stomach churn and my veins boil through the icy chill of my broken heart.
           "Natalia is pregnant with my heir" his words loud enough for the pack to here but his harsh tone especially for me, "you better treat her well or else." His threat was clear. Despite me being his Luna and destined mate he held no love or affection for me. That fact made abundantly clear as he held his mistress in front of me and threatened me is I dare retaliate.
             My inner wolf howled in pain, my heart shattering into a million pieces as he walked away but my face remained neutral. I couldn't show the pack how much it hurt. I couldn't be weak. He had always done his best to undermine and belittle me in front of the pack. Despite my dedication and years of painstaking effort he took pleasure in humiliating me or slandering me. He started rumors I was infertile and told his close friends I was a lousy lay when in fact he rarely fulfilled his martial duties. Even when he did manage to "find time" he would coincidentally come on days I wasn't going to get pregnant. The only effort he took with me was to check my mating cycle. Perhaps it was best I never carried his pup. I had suffered so many years in this sham marriage that a child would have only been a greater burden.
       I meandered towards my chambers, my mind slowly shutting down as the shock seeped in leaving me cold and empty inside. I looked  at my small, crumbling room. The once bright crimson walls faded to a lackluster burgundy, there was one small window with old fashioned iron bars rusting over it, the floors were old wood that creaked painfully loud, infact everything in the room was old and dreary. There was access to a small balcony that faced the lake, perhaps the only nice thing he had ever given me was this small fading balcony. The room overall was a constant reminder of how much he hated me.
        I walked out onto the balcony, half hoping it would cave in on me but I knew it was the one thing maintained especially for me. How many nights did I come out on this very balcony and sit out until I passed out, waiting and wishing on the starry night sky. How many times did I try to escape from the memories of mental, physical and emotion abuse? Looking back I couldn't help but laugh at myself. How foolish I was. I was foolish to ever love  Victor Grey. I had fallen for his lush chocolate waves, his sun kissed olive tone and this steel blue eyes that sparkled like a raging tundra. Though now I know who he was, a sexually attractive devil.
            I looked up at the bright silver moon with a weak, teary eyed smile. "Mother moon, is my suffering amusing?" The nights of constant praying and begging for something to change had come to an end. I let myself cry out the last of my childish tears before making a self resolution to find my own happiness.