Chapter One - Volume 2

I awoke feeling refreshed. So much had come to pass and there was more still to come but finding my true pack was a blessing. I still needed to find my Beta but with our small pack it wasn't a high priority. I could always find someone worthy in the Winter Knights to be my Beta when all was settled and done. It felt weird to plan my life after a war, like it was a blip and not a major obstacle I've yet to over come. Perhaps it helped me keep cool to plan like we were already victorious. Truthfully our numbers of united wolves was small, so many packs lived only for themselves. I had the semi cooperation of the Willow Star packs, Blue Moon took lead and combined with Wolfsbane and Honey Fang into one fighting unit specifically for the war. The three alphas sign every report back to me. I also had steady contact with Hawk and Derrick. Hawk was more constant, I received an update daily, no matter how miniscule. Derrick reported the necessities, though he would occasional send a letter in friendship. I had minimal contact with Davion, my heart carried a dull achewhen I thought of him. How different my life could have been had he not interfered and pushed me to someone who was not my intended mate. Personal feelings aside he would send me clues for potential allies and we would travel.
Our travels took us all over the territory. I got to see several werewolf cities, often run by more than one alpha. Most of them were lost into their own politics, I managed to persuade the alpha of a small city. Alpha Theodore of the Silver Wind Pack. I gained his help thorough his Luna Ashlyn. I had never gotten to meet her in the past but she proved to be string willed, passionate and loved dearly by her husband. I gained an ally and a new friend.
I made many friends in my journeys, Alphas wanted to make bridges, Luna's wanted to hear my tale and various others were genuinely surprised a former wall flower could blossom so well. I had always been told I was useless and every one hated me. Despite growing past the craving for validation, I was genuinely pleased to find everyone finding me agreeable if not lovable.
I also slowly grew my pack. What was an easily manageable trio slowly became a small pack of six, then we hit double digits and grew with every new place we visited it seemed. I met a set of twins, abandoned by their pack, Nina and Nala. Sisters with a strong telepathy. They were scared and untrusting at first but they bonded with Anya when they saw her fight a group of ferals. They cling to her despite her constant complaints. We also collected the small pack of Ash Wood after their alpha died in combat. They were heart broken but it was their alpha's dying wish that we protect them. They were a pack of ten. Their Beta became a Gamma, his name was Erik. He was their voice which was fine for us as long as they were safe and fed. Hunting became more difficult as we grew. Anya and Erik took turns as lead hunters, one would lead and the other would guard. We had good hunters but they labored true combat skills. I didn't have time to fully train everyone though. When our group grew to twenty I had to make the choice to send them to Derrick. He promised to provide them food, shelter and training until I had the time to return. Erik took them on my command and acted as temporary Beta. The twins refused to leave Anya's side. In time she grew to love them like sisters and taught them to fight. Nina was a quicker more precise attacker, Nala proved ferocious and more sporadic but stronger in raw power. Together they were a terrifying duo.
We found some spare time in the Hollow Night Village, their Luna Rochelle welcomed us to rest. It was nice to settle, I thought about my growing pack. I needed to put in for a plot of land soon. I hadn't the time to really think about it. I spent most of my time fighting, adventuring and planning with all my allies and Davion. The ferals were getting bolder and the news spread far even without our recruiting. Even the elders took notice. The one who freed me from my chains took the highest interest. He sent a small fleet to Davion to fortify our borders.
I found myself wandering to old memories as I stumbled on my mother's old pack land. A small memorial stone resided where the camp use to rest, remnants of lives lost scattered through the over grown weeds and the haunting silence somehow peaceful. I took a moment to honor those lost, telling my mother stories of my life and my new pack. My group showed reverence as they howled in unison, in that moment a warm breeze blew through as if to say farewell.