Chapter Eleven

"I underestimated you Seraphina, you may leave unharmed on two conditions." I nodded in acceptance. "One you keep our secret. If anyone else knew we were a true pack the elders would be on us and our way of life would be forced into their standards." She looked at Anya, "you understand the freedom cherry, it comes with a price. No one can know if they are not trust worthy."
          Anya nodded, "I understand." I could see the sadness in her tone. There was so much I didn't know but couldn't dare to ask.
             "Your second condition." I said to break the tension.
        Selena smiled,"you remember my kindness in the future, a time may come where I may call upon a favor in the future."
             I grit my teeth, "I lack any power to assist you in anyway."
        "You may think so now but I feel you'll be heading for glory rather you expect it or not, I simply ask you remember us favorably."
             It didn't sound bad, given my berserk moment it was more than fair. Though my takeaway was not positive, I would definitely remember them all. "I accept. I will remember y'all, favorably will depend on your reaction to war."
          Selena looked at Hawk and sighed, "fine, I will leave it to Hawk. He is a military commander with war experience. Call on him when you need him."
          Hawk looked at my confused face with an apple in his mouth. He was a war hero? A commander at that? I told my head a bit to see a bigger picture when he looked at me on surprise. "You think she's lying?! I was the commander of the elder army many moons ago, I have it up because it was boring. You don't realize how controlling the elders are if you're not right up with them."
           I believed it. The power they showed at the Gala was taste enough. Though it worked in my favor I knew well not to oppose them.
       "We will meet your conditions, I will see you again someday I am certain."
          "That you will, Seraphina."
      Me and any were quick to leave. Everything felt like such a blur. A month or so ago I was an abandoned Luna but now? I was gathering an army for a war I would have never known about until it was too late. I looked at Anya who looked tired. She has faced some of her past, it was understandable to be tired but she recovered quickly as she stopped a cafe across the street.
             "Let's get some food!" She had stars in her eyes she was so eager, I couldn't help but smile as I nodded. Almost dying must have made her hungry.
        Inside was cute and cozy, it felt like my old packs dining hall where everyone gathered for food and stories. It even smelled like my childhood. I felt so lost in nostalgia I almost hasn't noticed a portly woman with wide ruby eyes and light blue hair tied in a messy bun looking at me. She was familiar but I couldn't put a finger on it. We started at each other, both in curiosity until Anya squeaked about something on the menu.
               "Can I take your order?"I had never seen such a disinterested waiter. But he was young, maybe a late teenager.
           I cleared my throat, "just a moment more please?”
                "Ugh. Whatever. Want anything to drink?"
          I wanted to punch his ear but I let it go with a heavy sigh. "I'll have water and she'll have-"
               "A chocolate milkshake!"
       I chuckled. "A chocolate milkshake, thanks." The waiter shrugged and trudged off. Anya stared at the menu with watery lips but suddenly became quiet. "Is everything ok Anya?"
            She bit her lip trying to remain calm. "I miss Brock." I could see in her teary eyes her and voice he had never left her mind.
                "How did y'all meet?"
      I left Shadow Moon after rejecting Jack. He was such a jerk, I couldn't stand the thought of being tied to him you know? And he killed without mercy. It was frightening to think I'd be such a cold man's wife." She suffered at the thought. "Anyway I found myself in this city, under hawk who trained me to defend myself and be stronger. He was like a father figure to me but I couldn't rank up and I never knew why until today." She drummed her fingers lightly on the table as it all settled and she let out a sigh. "When I got frustrated I just... Kinda... Left. I didn't think anyone would care. When I left I was in a bad place when I met Brock in an alleyway. He looked like a dog from the human world but I could feel his energy. I don't know why but I nursed him into full health and he shared his human form with me. We decided to travel as a duo. Away from everything." She had stopped crying but sadness still rang in her eyes.
         " I know what it's like to want to leave everything bad behind." The memories of Victor came forth but I no longer flinched at them, I let them fade in their own time. "I will be there for you always, just say the word."
            Anya smiled. "Thank you, Sera. What will you do when this is over? Will you marry Davion?"
        I hadn't thought much of the future, only the now but this quiet break had my thoughts churning. Would I settle down again? I enjoyed my freedom quite a bit but it felt lonely at times to. First things first was to pay respects to my mother's grave. I wish I could see the moonstone pack again but many were killed that night. I felt remorse I wasn't there. More so now as I found such a stronger power laid dormant inside. I could have helped. I couldn't dwell on the past. I had to look forward.
          The deep conversation faded into Anya's indecisiveness over the menu, it felt joyous to share this moment. It felt even better when Brock came in with Davion at his side. I don't know exactly when his presence made my cheeks pink but I've come to terms with it. They sat down and the waiter grumbled in the distance.
        Davion looked curiously at the disgruntled teen but I just shook my head. Davion ordered a cup of coffee and Brock just shared with Anya in her impressive sized milkshake. We ordered some fries for an appetizer, I ordered a sweet glazed salmon dish with fresh greens, Anya ordered the entire menu when Davion offered to pay which offered her and Brock many varieties. Davion didn't eat much of anything. I looked at him curiously but he just shrugged.
       As the meal can to an end and our bellies we're full we called for the bill but instead of our gloomy waiter it was the portly woman from before. She trembled as he handed me specifically the check book and as I looked into those eyes my heart skipped a beat.
                "A-auntie."