Prologue

Louis' finger moves under the letters his eyes are reading, the glasses placed on top of his nose enabling him to do so. His breathing is an even pattern, his body relaxed on the chair he's lounging on.

The sunlight through the library window lights up his face, giving it a certain glow. His feathery hair turns slightly golden because of the gleam of the sun. His luxurious clothing matches his appearance, highlighting the prince's beauty.

Louis quite enjoys studying, which he tends to do most weekdays. This is something he's also doing right at this moment. In fact, he's learning about political systems all around the world and by consuming this knowledge he's expanding his brain's capacity for when he'll become king. Luckily, he immensely enjoys learning about other countries and cultures and Louis is sure that he'll relish his future job as well one day.

His study time is however interrupted by one of his servants. His eyes shoot up from his book when he hears his name being called, or well, 'your highness' is basically his second name if it is not his first. 

"Your Highness", the servant's voice fills the room, being echoed by the library's walls where Louis is situated. This is the prince's favorite place in the castle since he enjoys being surrounded by books. It makes him feel less lonely somehow... The book can speak to him in some way, other people can not and another benefit is that books can't betray his trust other than giving misleading information, but Louis prefers that over being used every day.

"Yes?" Louis's high-pitched voice speaks up, allowing his servant to continue speaking. His eyes look at the man who looks nervous in someone from royalty's presence, so Louis tries to comfort him as much as he's able.

The servant clears his throat. "Your parents have requested your presence in the king's office, Your Royal Highness."

Louis' eyebrows knit together in an astounded expression. He barely speaks to his parents other than their private family room, so he's pleasantly surprised, to say the least. "Did they mention what for?" He questions, not able to contain his curiosity.

"No, I'm afraid not, Your Highness." The servant shakes his head as he speaks. "I was just told to fetch you."

Louis moves his hands to the side so he can lean them on the armrests, pushing himself off in the air. When he's finally situated on both his feet, he smiles politely at the servant. "Well, thank you for notifying me. I'm sure I can find my way to them. The office you said, right?"

The servant nods in response. "Yes, Your Highness. I believe they have some business to discuss with you, but I know nothing, so please don't hold it against me if I turn out to be wrong."

Louis feels for the servant and he, therefore, widens his smile to assure the man. "Don't worry, I'll tell my parents nothing we've just discussed other than the things they ought to know. Once again, thank you." He finishes the conversation before leaving the room.

The servant bows his head as Louis passes him and the prince can't help but wince upon perceiving this. He hates that people have to look up to him and show him respect the whole time. It makes him feel even more abnormal than he knows he is and it bothers him quite a bit. He would just like someone to treat him as a normal person, but that seems to be impossible in this palace.

As he makes his way through the long hallways, he can't help but wonder what his parents want to discuss with him. He should have known it was business because they asked for his presence before dinner time, but a part of him secretly hoped that it might be different this time. That they wanted to talk about other things than business and politics for once, even though he knows he shouldn't get his hopes up like that. It will never happen anyway.