02 : the project

----------------------------------

chapter two ~ the project 

----------------------------------

 gabriella 

i stopped. i stopped walking, thinking even breathing when i saw him. he has dirty blonde hair with dark green eyes from the classrooms dark, faint lighting from the windows. pale skin too. he is really handsome. 

i finally came back to reality, what feels like hours was only 3 seconds. i discontinued the eye-contact in realisation that he's too good for me, even by looking at him i knew he was. 

for a second i even thought about a future with him, but now i'm thinking of how many girls are going to harass and attack him for having a pretty face, how many girls he may get with, who he may fall in love with. 

i was certain nothing was going to happen between us, maybe exchanging names or asking for a pen. but never a real conversation. i don't hate the thought of barley speaking, he was really out of my league anyway. 

the class begins and i continued working on a project i've been working on since last term, everyone has to work in pairs but the person who i was working with is on a 4 week holiday and wont be back till the break starts.

 i sat alone, my project was nowhere near done and we didn't have much time left. 

as i got my coloured pens the teacher started to make an announcement.."i almost forgot! we have a new student, everyone make a nice warm welcome for ruel!!" he said with a smile. "welcome ruel!" everyone in the class replied, some of the girls giggling while turning red. 

ruel.. ruel? that name sounds familia- my thoughts get cut off while the teacher speaks once more. 

"since ruel is new and there wont be anytime for him to start a project he will be needing to join someone. hmm.. AH MADDISON! eddie wont be here at all for the rest of the project and it seems you need a lot of help if you don't want to fail.. ruel would you mind working with madi? with her being a girl and everything she really is the only option for you. so what do you say bud?" the teacher told the boy trying to convince him, but i knew he wouldn- "sure!" ruel responded as he walked over to me. 

♪ ruel ♪

i wasn't upset that i had to work with maddison, not at all. she smiled awkwardly as i walked over to her, sitting myself down next to her. her hair was down and straightened with a gorgeous glow. her eyes sparkled while we made eye-contact once more, i didn't want to stare so i quickly introduced myself.  

"hey i'm ruel, maddison is it ?" she replies "um yeah, yeah it is." giggling with the most prettiest smile i've ever seen.

 "nice to meet you maddison! i'm sorry if this bothers you that i'm working with you now" worried that she'll mind. 

"nice to meet you too, and no not at all i'm glad your her- i mean i'm glad i don't need to finish this project alone haha.." she replies awkwardly as her slightly pink cheeks became more of a red. 

we sit there for a few minutes in silence, it became very awkward and i could tell she was becoming uncomfortable as she nervously picked on her finger nails. i didn't want her to feel this way nor say anything that would make her overwhelmed, so i finally got the courage to speak. 

"your eyes are really pretty" i mumbled as i gave an awkward smile, hoping she wouldn't of heard. "i'm sorry what was that?" she questioned. but nothing came out, no words could escape my mouth. i was frozen, unable to speak or move. 

"ruel, are you okay?" she asked me and within a few seconds i could speak again. 

"oh uh yeah, sorry day dreaming.." i answered as she gave me a soft smile and continued with the project. 

the bell rang for recess, i helped maddison pack up pens, paper and her laptop while she took the project and placed it on a table near a window where all the other projects were. i handed her the laptop as i pushed the chair in with my foot. 

"thanks for not making this class boring, i'll enjoy working with you. see ya!" i say turning my back away from the girl. 

"me too, bye rue-" i smile, still with my back facing her not noticing she cut herself off. 

"actually wait up ruel!" she yelled as she gulped. i turn to face her, 

"yeah whats wrong ?" i questioned as she walked over to me. 

"i um- so uh- well the project is due in a few weeks time and since we have a lot more to do i was thinking maybe if you were free you could come over to mine after school a few days a week to work on it, i mean not today obviously but you know to get it finished quicker.." she suggested with an unsure look on her face. 

"oh uh-" before i could answer her, she cut me off. 

"shit i knew you wouldn't want to, its stupid i'm sorr -"

 "i was actually going to say that sounds perfect!" cutting her off this time. 

"oh? okay that um sounds great! here" - she replied, handing me a piece of paper. without reading it, i shoved the small ripped lined paper in my pocket while smiling. 

 maddison 

"thanks, i'll see you around maddison. stay safe." the tall boy said. i melted, staring at him for a few seconds before realising he was waiting for a reply. "oh uh yeah no problem, you too! i reply struggling to get the words out. 

he gave me a soft smile and headed for the door. 

--- ☀ ---

as i was wandering around the hall i started to think about him, about ruel. while we were working together, i didn't have time to think about who he was or anything like that. i was more focused on his looks and how awfully nice he was towards, me without even knowing me. but i was alone now, his name sounded so familiar and i know it isn't a common name either. i'm convinced he is known for something in particular, but what ?

____________________________________________________________

wc 1056