05 : i need your help

----------------------------------------

chapter five ~ i need your help

----------------------------------------

♪ ruel 

i woke up, forgetting everything that happened last night. i sat up, basically drenched in my own sweat. as i took off my hoodie i felt the sudden urge to order guzman y gomez.

 i placed my hand on my nightstand moving it around trying to feel my phone, but i didn't feel it. i turn my head to the right and look down to where my nightstand was, but there was no sight of my phone. 

i thought maybe i misplaced it somewhere, typing the password in on the cold keys of my laptop. i went on the 'find my phone' app and clicked on the device 'ruel's iphone'. "huh?" i mumbled to myself looking at the screen of the laptop , it was in my room somewhere.. "but i never mo-" cutting myself off as i stare at the floor where my phone laid. 

i quickly grabbed my phone and unlocked it. the screen wasn't on the home page though it was on messages, i thought i swiped the app up while waiting for maddison to reply...

"wait, what is this?" i questioned as i started to notice that i sent something to maddison, a paragraph?  

madss :))

today 1:11 am

hey, i'm sorry for whatever i did. i hope you can forgive me and we can talk sometime soon?anyway, i hope you're staying healthy and that you're safe. i know we don't know eachother well but i'm always here if you're ever going through a rough time. i also want you to know that you're a beautiful individual and very loved by many, i'm sure of it. anyway have a good sleep. - ruel <3

read 9:23 am

"OH SHIT OH FUCK!" i yell not caring if anyone hears me. my door swings open as coco rushes into my room. 

"RUEL HOLY SHIT ARE YOU OKAY? WHAT HAPPENED?!" coco screamed as she slammed the door shut so no one else could hear. 

"yeah i'm fine, just go!" i replied. she rolled her eyes while turning her body as she went to exist the room.

"actually wait, i need your help."

coco turned around and began to speak, "yeah what's up ruel?" she asked. 

"okay so you know that 'someone new' i met yeah well i might've just caught feelings for her but i think i just fucked up every chance i could've possibly had for her to like me back." i breathed heavily as i finished my sentence running out of breath. 

"well what did you do that fucked it up so badly?" coco asked, "well it says 'read 9:23 am' and it's now 11:03." i answered.

 "what do you mean 'it says read'?", she questioned.

"well i sent her a messag-" 

"show me the message." there was no more emotions in her face. 

i watch her eyes as she read the message, she didn't look disappointed but instead proud and she certainly didn't sound disappointed either as she giggled. 

"something funny?" i asked getting annoyed thinking that she probably took this as a joke. 

"this is really sweet ruel, why cant you be this nice to me hahaha" she replied laughing for a few seconds, i gave her a smirk but that quickly faded as i thought about maddison.

 coco looked down at my hands and noticed that i started to pick on my nails, putting her hand on mine and softly putting pressure on it as if she was trying to tell me 'calm down everything will be okay' . 

"ruel, this isn't your fault at all. she obviously isn't worth your time if she cant see how kind that message was, a lot of people don't get that sort of lov-" coco cutting her self off, her eyes started to widen dramatically. 

"coco, what's wrong??" i ask, worried she thought she wasn't doing a good job at comforting me. 

she quickly got up from my bed and passed me my phone, i looked up at the freckled girl as she spoke. 

"i'm gonna go take myself out for a drive, just know you can always talk to me ruel." she smiled, 

"would you mind if i came with you?" i asked. 

"stay here, i think someone wants you anyway" she gave me a nod and exited to room, shutting the door carefully. 

confused, i looked down at the unlocked phone and let out a loud gasp..      

oh my god.

____________________________________________________________

wc 727