08 : stressed

--------------------------------

chapter eight ~ stressed

--------------------------------

♪ ruel 

i was driving home from the studio, listening and watching the rain. it was quite peaceful. it made me feel relaxed, something i hadn't felt in a while due to all the stress i was under.

 as i started to doze off i felt a single vibration on my lap, i tiredly looked down to see maddison's name on my phone. 

rubbing my eyes while i opened the message.

madss :)))

today 4:20 pm

madss :)))

hi.

oh hey 

madss :))

how've you been?

good, hbu ?

madss :)))

fine ig, listen ruel i haven't been completely honest with you.

and i'm sorry.

i get it if you don't want to talk, but i need to.

huh

wydm ?

i'm really confused rn.

madss :))) sent audio message. click to hear.

click here to play all.

each of the voice messages were 3 minutes long, i waited till i knew she wouldn't send anymore. grabbing my airpods out of my bag and carefully placing them in my ears, 'ruel's airpods. connected.'  

as soon as i saw that they were connected i pressed 'click here to play all' so i knew i wouldn't leave out an audio message by mistake.  

i finally understood why she was acting weird, well not 'weird' just distant like she was ghosting me.

it all finally made sense. 

i felt really bad, not for myself but for her. i never even really introduced myself. besides my name, later on revealing my age to her but that was it. 

i suddenly felt all the weight that was pulled off my shoulders coming back, even stronger this time. 

i was uncomfortable, my hands sweating uncontrollably. i could feel my head start to heat up, i looked in the rearview mirror to see my face as red as a stop sign. what the fuck was happening to me.. 

i started to take deep breathes, my whole body shaking profusely. i needed to calm down quick before my driver realised. my vision became blurry and then before i knew it, i was passed out in the back seat of some randoms car. 

--- ☁ ---

"sir, sir!" a faint voice spoke

opening my eyes, "what, where am i?" i tried looking around but i couldn't make out anything, as my vision blurry. "453 lankwood lane, is this not the right address?" my vision started to become clear as the man spoke, but still not one hundred percent.  

"oh uh no- i mean yes this is the right address, thank you." i replied, still barely conscious. i handed the old, bearded man $80. he thanked me and offered to open my door for me, but i declined as i was clearly capable of doing it myself. 

i waved as the car drove away, wobbling on my way to the front door.  i took 3 deep breathes before unlocking the door, preparing myself for my annoying sisters little screams as they welcomed me home. 

but that didn't happen, i wish it did though.

"ruel sweetie, can you come here for a second please." i walked over to the living room. "yeah mum, what's up?"

"your tour starts in less than four weeks hon, i just wanted to know if you were prepared enough for it."  she said, sipping some tea 

"oh uh- yeah. all i need is to pick a song to cover and some new outfits, oh maybe a pair of shoes as well, my jordans aren't really holding up anymore." 

"oh okay, you get that sorted with. i'll put some money on your account for the shoes and outfits" she gave me a quick smile then headed to the kitchen. 

the truth was.. i wasn't prepared at all, i completely forgot about the fact i was touring on the other side of the world.

 like don't get me wrong, i love making music and i especially love all my fans. 

but that wasn't an issue, the issue was i just wasn't ready. 

i needed to become comfortable again, but how? i was running out of time, i mean in less than four weeks i need to have chosen a song to cover, bought hell of a tone of clothes, fucking made a new 'unreleased' song to preform and make sure all my merch is restocked. 

everything used to be so easy, now it's just so stressful. 

____________________________________________________________

wc 727