10 : the invite

------------------------------

chapter ten ~ the invite

------------------------------

maddison

it's been a few hours since i've seen ruel, but i couldn't stop thinking of him. a moment played back in my head from earlier when he dropped me off to class.

flashback; "well this is my class sooo.. uh bye ruel." i gave a soft smile then turned to enter the room.

for the 3rd time now i felt my arm getting grabbed and pulled. ruel pulled me into a quick- yet awkward hug.

"cya in a few hours mads."  he pulled away from the hug, his face lit up with happiness. 

mads. dad used to call me that.. haven't heard it in years.

i didn't mind that ruel called me mads, it actually made me fall for him even more.

"maddison?" the boy waving his hand across my face.

"sorry- oh yeah soon, english in 6th!"

he nodded his head, giving me a soft smile.

"bye ruel." i smiled as he said nothing, we waved a little until i finally got in the door. i could see that ruel had left. i let out a little giggle, he is so cute!

end of flashback.

--- ☀ ---

the end of lunch bell went as my friend group and i all headed to our lockers, i still hadn't told them about ruel. we all hugged our goodbyes, emila pulled me close and whispered something.

"i know you have english in 6th, so stay calm and invite him." she pulled away from the tight hug, grabbing my face and raising her eyebrows.  i nodded, she let go of my face and headed towards brianna. 

i grabbed my heavy science book, accidentally dropping it. i tightly squeezed my eyes shut as i thought the book was going to hit the ground hard, but it didn't. 

"you gotta be careful with your shit madi, i tell you this all the god damn time. maybe if you listened to me you wouldn't be such a failure!" a deep familiar voice spoke, but not ruel's. 

in shock i grabbed my book out of his dirty hands, slamming my locker shut. 

"stay the fuck away from me chris!" i yell storming off, not wanting to see his unbrushed hair and bushy eye brows. i could faintly hear him speak, but i didn't care what he had to say.

my eyes started to tear up as i got to the science lab, i felt as if i was going to break down. but the feeling went away as i stepped into the lab and met eyes with someone.

"RUEL?! hey!" escaped from my mouth, i got a few looks from some students but didn't care as i walked over to the seated boy. this time i pulled him in for a short hug, both pulling back at the same time. 

"thank fuck! i couldn't stand the thought of only having one class with you." he giggled 

we both laughed until the teacher shushed us to be quiet. 

"everyone turn to your scientific table, it should be in the back page of your science book." the teacher instructed. the sound of pages flipping filled up the room before the teacher started to teach. as i read along i could feel ruel's stares, i didn't mind though.

"you know it's rude to stare, especially at strangers." i jokingly say, looking up to the boy.

he rolled his eyes and sighed "seriously, you need to stop with that stranger joke. people are gonna think i'm a creep if they hear you." 

i laughed at his response. 

--- ☀ ---

30 minutes passed by, i could tell the whole class was bored out of their minds. i was just minding my business, drawing little stars and love hearts all over my page.

"thats cute." ruel laid his head on my shoulder, a bit unsure but soon enough became comfortable knowing i didn't mind. my heart started to beat fast, i was sure i was about to explode. i covered my mouth with my hand to make sure no one saw my huge smile.

it stayed like this until the class was over.

"thats all the time i have with you, make sure to do your research on neuron cells and the nervous syste-" getting cut off by the students loud chattering.

" i feel bad, everyone just cut him off" ruel frowned 

"don't, mr zan is a total bitch!"

"if you say so" we both started to giggle again, making our way to our english class together.

--- ☀ ---

the end of the class approached, i was very nervous and i could tell that he knew something was up. 

"everything okay mads?"

 ahhh mads. no, focus! it's now or never madi.. 

"yeah haha everything's fine, i was just wondering if you'd like to come to my house today, you know to study..?"

"are you inviting me to your house stranger?" 

"i did, but now that i think about it thats like stranger danger!"

"you wouldn't want to put your life on line for me??" he jokingly pouted his lips, we both started to cringe hard and bursted out laughing.

"i'd love to" the laughing stopped and i could feel my cheeks start to heat up. 

"cool." i replied, giggling a bit. 

____________________________________________________________

writers notes: 13th in #new kid ?! i'm so happyyyy

wc 850