1

Kiara's POV:

Today was just like any other Saturday. I was hanging out with my best friend, Sarah Cameron at her house. We were in our bikinis laying by her pool when her older brother, Rafe came outside and he kissed me. We were dating and Sarah loved it because she was convinced that someday I'd marry her brother and we'd be sisters. She was dating Topper who was one of Rafe's friends, so it all worked out perfectly.

Rafe was one of those guys who everyone loved and respected. My parents adored him. My dad would go golfing with him and his dad. Our families became like best friends.

Rafe and I have been dating for two years. This was my sophomore year and Rafe's junior year. He left me and Sarah alone as he was going to go out on his boat. Sarah and I hung out by the pool all day stealing beers from her dad. We went to her room and changed to get ready for a Boneyard party.

We arrived the beach was packed. I went to grab a beer when I ran into the pogue trio. John B, Pope, and JJ. They were always causing trouble. John B's dad disappeared at sea a while ago so he had no supervision. Pope's parents were pretty strict. He was more a follower of the group. Then there was JJ, JJ Maybank. He was always getting in some kind of trouble and he pretty much hooked up with every single girl on the island. He was known for being a man whore. He also had a shitty home life. He never talks about it but the whole town does. He has a deadbeat father who the town hates.

I finished getting my beer when I made eye contact with JJ and he gave me those eyes and he asked, "Wanna hang out?"

"With you?" I asked disgusted

"Damn, rejected by the kook princess" John B teased his friends

I rolled my eyes and turned around and stuck my middle finger up as I walked back towards Rafe, Sarah, and Topper. Rafe kissed me and I saw him look over at JJ.

"What did he say to you?" Rafe asked me

"Nothing, just him being stupid"

"I fucking hate pogues," Rafe said kissing me again

I stayed by Rafe all night and he got super drunk. It was typical for him to get wasted at these parties. Sarah and I helped him home and then I was driving home when it started to rain. I was in my white jeep wrangler and I spotted JJ, Pope, and John B on the side of the road walking home in the rain.

I pulled over and rolled down my window and asked, "Want a ride?"

John B and Pope got in the backseat and JJ stayed in the rain and said, "I'd rather walk"

"Fine" I said as I put my window back up and it really started pouring and JJ got in the front seat

He didn'y say anything and John B was giving me directions to his house. I pulled up to drop them off and John B said, "Thank you"

"Thanks, Kiara" Pope said and the two got out while JJ just sat there

"If you're waiting for a goodbye kiss, it's not gonna happen" I said annoyed that he wasn't leaving

JJ chuckled and said, "It's your loss, princess" as he got out of my car

I rolled me eyes and laughed to myself and then I drove home. I went home and took a shower and I was laying in my bed when I got a notification that JJ Maybank followed me on instagram. I followed him back and I sent him a DM saying: You seriously don't have anything better to do than to stalk me at 3am?

JJ: You wish I was stalking you

Me: Shouldn't you be sleeping? Or hooking up with some girl of yours

JJ: Sleep is for the weak

*JJ sends a video of Pope sleeping and snoring*

JJ: And what makes you think I should be hooking up with someone?

Me: OMG Pope is passed tf out

Me: and idk because that's all you seem to do

JJ: Well I guess I look for love in all the wrong places. Sue me

JJ: I'm done talking about this with you

Me: I'm sorry

JJ: I'm over it.. I have a question for you

Me: Okay

JJ:  What's your favorite color?

Me: You're such a dork! but baby blue, like the sky on a warm sunny day. What's yours?

JJ: Don't have one

Me: Everyone has a favorite color

JJ: Goodnight, princess. I'll see you at school on Monday

Me: Goodnight

I put my phone down and I tried to fall asleep but part of me couldn't stop thinking about the conversation JJ and I just had. Was he flirting? Just being nice? Playing games? I didn't know and I know Rafe could never find out. Rafe hated JJ and JJ hated Rafe. They had gotten in many fights before.

I got up in the morning and Rafe picked me up and he took me out for breakfast. He apologized for getting so drunk last night. He was driving his truck and we got Sarah and Topper on our way home and went to a movie on a double date.

Monday moring came along and I drove my white jeep to school and I parked next to Rafe and we walked into school holding hands. Rafe walked me to my homeroom and he kissed me and told me to have a good day. I went into the classroom and sat in my assigned seat. John B was in my homeroom as it was alphabetical order.

We never really talked before but he said hey to me. I know people were going to give me shit for talking to the pogues but I just didn't understand why it was such a big deal.