18

Kie's POV:

A few days had passed and I was helping my dad close the Wreck. I looked at him and asked, "Why were you so quiet that night when Rafe and mom were talking about JJ?"

"Oh, it's nothing" He said going back to the dishes

"Dad, please" I said wanting to know

"Okay, between us it is hard for me when your mom talks so negatively about pogues because I used to be one. Your mother was just like you. She rebelled against her parents and she dated a few pogues. Luke Maybank was one of them"

"I had no idea and I'm sorry dad, that makes sense" I said understanding where he was coming from

"Since we are talking, are you in love with Rafe? Or are you with him because that is what you believe will make your parents happy?"

"I love him" I said

"Him as in Rafe? Or him as in JJ?"

"'Dad, Rafe obviously" I said annoyed

"I'm just asking because the only thing that matters is your happiness to me"

"Thanks, dad, but it's all good. I love Rafe" I said with a smile

I went home that night and got everything ready for midsummers this weekend. Tomorrow, Sarah and I were getting out nails done. The boys were so excited to see our dresses. I was wearing a white dress and Sarah was wearing black. Yes, we ended up with neutrals because we wanted the pictures to look good.

We were getting ready at Sarah's house and we looked hot! We went downstairs and met our boyfriends who also thought we looked hot. We went to the country club and I hated this event. It was such a kook thing. We arrived and met up with our parents and many pictures were taken. That's when I noticed John B, JJ, and Pope were working with Heyward. This was going to be interesting. I was praying that shit wouldn't go down again tonight.

So far, all was good. We hung out with our friends and did the kook thing. I got pulled into many adult conversations with my parents with people I had no clue who they were. I knew to be on my best behavior. This was such a stupid event. Rafe was having the time of his life. Rose and Ward came to talk to me and we didn't talk about much but they were very kind.

Rafe was hanging out with the guys and I was with Sarah and she said, "You and Rafe seem happy"

"We are" I said looking at Rafe and the guys

We went and took some pictures with our other friends and suddenly, everyone started talking and everyone was looking over off into the distance. Sarah and I didn't pay much attention. We went to the boys to see what was going on and Topper said, "Luke is kicking the shit out of JJ"

My eyes scanned the horizon and over near the Heyward's pickup truck, Luke and JJ were in a nasty fight. JJ was fighting back and no one was doing anything. JJ finally got Luke off of him and my heart was racing like crazy. John B and Pope went over and broke the fight up. Luke got back in his beaten-down old truck and he sped off.

JJ got up off the ground and he looked at everyone. He spit a mouthful of blood out. People started whispering and looking at him. He looked broken. He looked at everyone and he turned away and he started away as everyone started screaming shit at him.

"Get your ass off figure eight"

"Go back to where you belong on the cut you fuckup"

"Go to hell you worthless piece of shit"

"You pogues ruin everything. Go jump in the ocean with a huge rock"

"World would be better off without the pogues, especially those fucking Maybanks"

"Go shoot yourself" Rafe yelled out to JJ and I froze as everyone at the country club laughed at Rafe's comment and cheered

I was literally frozen and Sarah looked at me. A million things were rushing through my head. I looked at Sarah and I was fighting back tears and she knew.

"Go" She said in a sympathetic voice

I nodded as tears fell from my eyes. I took the promise ring off and I slipped my heels off and held them in one hand. I walked up to Rafe and handed him the promise ring and I took off running after JJ.

"Kiara, get your ass back here!" I heard my mom scream

"Come on, he's a loser don't ruin your life over some pogue" Another man called out

"KIARA" Rafe screamed

I didn't look back. I was running away from the country club and toward JJ. I had no idea where he was headed but John B and Pope watched me run after him. Everyone in town watched me run after him. The Cameron family, my parents, our friends, teachers, and Rafe. I ran for easily a mile and I still couldn't catch him.

We were now on the cut and he cut over to some road in a bunch of trees and there was an old tiny building. It was abandoned and kind of falling apart. I walked inside and saw JJ sitting on the floor crying. He looked like he was in a lot of pain physically and mentally.

"JJ" I said softly as I was trying to catch my breath

"Kie, what are you doing here?" He asked looking at me as he stood up

"Are you okay?" I asked realizing how stupid that was

He wasn't okay. His dad just hit him which was painful enough now let alone in front of all the kooks with them saying all that shit to him.

"Sorry, that was stupid. I know the answer to that question" I said and I caught JJ looking at my hands. He saw I wasn't wearing the ring anymore.

"Where'd the rock go?" He asked

"I gave it back to Rafe after you left"

"Why would you do that?" He asked as if I was crazy

I didn't say anything. I had way too much to say to him and I didn't want to start that right now. I just walked up to him and I crashed my lips into his. He grabbed me and pulled me closer as we made out. "Your white dress is going to get dirty" he said

"I don't care" I said as we continued kissing and it did get dirty as we moved to the floor

We were ripping clothes off of each other. We've been waiting for this for so long. We were having sex in this old building that was falling apart and most people would think it was gross, but it was perfect. We laid there on the floor after, both breathing heavily. JJ had me in his arms and I looked at him and I said, "I love you, JJ"

The look on his face was priceless. I saw tears forming in his eyes and he looked into my eyes and said, "No one had ever told me that before. I've never said it to anyone either so believe me when I tell you it means something when I tell you that I love you, Kiara"

I was crying and I kissed him. It was a soft and passionate kiss. We laid there on the cold floor and he asked, "You do realize you left yachts, private jets, country clubs, and mansions for shacks, the good ole HMS, and abandoned buildings, right? It's not too late to go back"

"Fuck the kook life, you make me happy"

JJ pulled a blanket out of his backpack and wrapped it around us. He laid on his back and I rested my head on his chest. He had both of his arms wrapped around me. He whispered, "Thank you for coming after me tonight. I think that's the worst fight that I've ever been in and the town is only going to talk about me more. I'm serious, go if you don't want. I won't hold it against you"

"I'm not going anywhere" I said and he held me a little tighter and kissed the top of my head

a.n.

i'm so sorry to my riara fans!! to my jiara fans, i hope you are happy with this :)