4

Kiara's POV:

The weekend finally came and Sarah and I were prom dress shopping. We both found the perfect dresses. I had to get home because my parents had this dinner planned with family friends.

I went to my bedroom and my mom had already laid out the dress she wanted me to wear. Typical.

I got ready for the dinner and she filled me in on things to talk to about and things to avoid. We got in my dads truck and drove to the country club. JJ was our waiter and he smiled at me.

Thankfully, everyone was very polite to him. After we got our drinks, I excused myself to go to the bathroom. I walked toward the restroom which was towards the kitchen. I passed JJ and he followed me into the bathroom and I laughed and asked, "What are you doing?"

"You look like you needed a drink" He said hand handing me the glass

I happily accepted the alcoholic beverage and he looked at me and said, "Hey, thanks for the other night. I've never had anyone do something like that for me before"

"Anytime" I said meaning it

"So what's this fancy kook dinner you're being forced to attend?" He asked taking a sip of my drink

"Some family friends that my parents are always trying to impress. You know, the usual kook bullshit"

JJ laughed and he said, "Careful, you're one of them"

I looked at him and got really serious and said, "I don't want to be..."

"Alright, tomorrow, I'll give a little taste of the pogue life and then you can wake up the next morning back in the bubble wrap"

"Deal" I said handing him the last sip of the drink and he slammed it and opened the bathroom door me

I returned to the table and continued to be the fakest happiest daughter ever. My dad grabbed the bill and we were all getting ready to leave. I quickly wrote my number at the bottom of the tab and drew a heart next to it and signed it soon to be pogue princess.

I sprinted out of there and immediately regretted my decision. I got in my dad's truck and I went home. I cleaned my room and went downstairs and did dishes, vacuumed, and anything I could to avoid checking my phone.

I finally had to come to terms that what I did was stupid and JJ wasn't going to text me. I flipped my phone over and saw he texted me.

JJ: soon-to-be pogue princess huh?

Me: Shut up! I know that was stupid

JJ: I found it quite humorous

Me: I'm sure you did

JJ and I continued to text back and forth until one in the morning. We finally fell asleep and the next afternoon I met JJ at the beach just like he told me to. I walked there and he brought me over to his bike. He had one helmet and he handed it to me and I said, "I don't need it, it's fine"

He stood there and extended his arm out and said, "I know you don't wear one on Rafe's bike, but on mine you do"

"You don't ever wear a helmet" I said

"Sounds like you like to watch me, but you're right. The difference is that I don't want to hurt you" He said putting the helmet on my head and I wasn't really sure what he meant by that

He started the dirt bike and I got on behind him. I wrapped my arms around his torso and he drove to the cut. He drove so much more safe with me on the back of his bike than he did when he was alone, much safer than Rafe ever did with me.

JJ brought me to John B's and he said, "Welcome to the chateau. John B is gone today helping Pope so it's just you and me"

He showed me around the chateau and started packing a cooler of beer. He brought me outside to the boat tied to the dock and he said, "Welcome aboard the HMS pogue"

We got on the boat and he untied us from the dock and he started the boat and we headed out into the marsh. JJ was just casually driving the boat. Once we were out in the middle of the water, JJ killed the engine and dropped the anchor.

He opened the cooler and opened two beers. He handed one to me and he started sipping the other one. We finished the beers and then it was getting hot ouside. JJ took off his shirt and he jumped in the water. His head popped back up and he said, "Come in"

"In the marsh?" I asked like he was crazy

"The water feels amazing, I promise that I won't let anything bite or sting you" He said

"You're crazy" I said laughing

"Come on, Kie. No one wants to swim alone"

I rolled my eyes and asked, "Are you sure you just don't want to see me in a bikini, Maybank?"

"Hmm, that might be part of it" He said as I took my clothes off, leaving me in my bikini and I jumped in the water

Once I resurfaced, JJ was smiling and I said, "You're right, this is amazing"

JJ and I spent over an hour in the water. A large yacht came flying by and the waves were crashing into the boat like crazy. We were a few feet away from the boat and getting pounded with waves. JJ was the first one to the boat and he hung onto the HMS pogue and he reached his hand out and he pulled me towards him. My body crashed into his as the wave pulled me together. I didn't even hold onto the boat, I just held onto him.

My heart was racing and we were both trying to catch our breaths. My legs were wrapped around JJ's waist, his spare arm was wrapped around my torso. I looked into JJ's eyes and he looked into mine. For a brief second, we both slowly leaned in and then I pulled back and released myself from his body. I grabbed onto the boat and JJ held up one finger indicating that he would be right back.

He went under the water, swam under the boat and across from me he looked at me and then he pulled himself onto the boat. He walked across to me and I pulled myself up and he gave me a hand and handed me a towel.

"I'm starving" He said pulling the anchor up

"I could get us food from the Wreck" I suggested

"Yeah, I'm down." JJ said as he started the boat and he headed to the main dock which was the closest to the Wreck. He killed the engine and tied the boat to the dock.

I told him to wait here and I got off the boat and went to my parents resturant. I ended up getting two burgers and fries for us.I walked back down to the boat and JJ was smiling waiting for me. I smiled and that's when I noticed Rafe on his boat. He was a few boats in front JJ.

"Hey babe, what are you doing here?" Rafe asked

"Sarah told me you were out on your boat and I figured I'd surprise you with dinner from the Wreck" I said getting onto his boat

Rafe grabbed the bag of food and he opened it up and he put it down and he grabbed me and he kissed me.

He sat down and started the boat and he pulled me onto his lap. I was leaving with Rafe and I looked over his shoulder at JJ watching me. I felt like shit just ditching JJ like that but what was I supposed to do?

thank you for all the comments and votes! you guys are the best 💕