31

did you guys see the teaser for OBX season 3????? Go watch it!! The JIARA hug is everything!!!!!

Kie's POV:

I went to JJ's class and he wasn't there. Honestly, I kinda expected that. I went to my class and texted him again.

Me: I'm worried about you

He didn't respond but he was there at lunch. He sat with me, John B, Pope, and Sarah. He was super quiet which wasn't like him. I put my hand on his leg under the table and he moved it away.

"JJ, can we go talk?" I whispered

"No" He said starting a conversation with Pope

Now I know something is wrong. Lunch ended and JJ got up and left right away. I stopped bothering him at school. I met the pogues at our usual spot and I drove them all home. I'm thankful that JJ was waiting there.

He took his usual spot in the front seat beside me. I drove to the chateau and everyone got out. I reached over and tried to stop JJ but he got out anyways. Pope went to do his homework, John B and Sarah went for a boat ride on the HMS pogue, and JJ sat down with Pope and did his homework. He never willingly does homework.

He was being so stubborn and it was driving me crazy. John B and Sarah came back and we all made dinner and JJ went into the bathroom. I heard the shower running and I picked the lock of the door and snuck into the bathroom. JJ was in the shower. I locked the door behind me and I said, "It's just me"

"Please leave me alone, Kie" He said and it sounded like he was crying

I was fully dressed when I opened the shower curtain and JJ stood there, sobbing. His abdomen was covered in bruises that were purple. I didn't think twice. I stepped into the shower with him and I hugged him. He hugged me back and he was so gentle as he held onto me.

"I almost killed him... I hate him..." He cried

"I know, it's okay.. I've got you" I whispered back

After a few minutes, I shut the water off and handed him a towel. I was soaking wet so I removed my clothes and wrapped a towel around my body. We went into the spare room, aka JJ's room. I put on some of his clothes and he got dressed. We laid in bed and I lightly rubbed his back.

He fell asleep and so did I. When I woke up in the morning, JJ was awake and he was smiling at me.

"Good morning, beautiful. Today is going to be a great day" He said cheerfully

"Good morning, why is that?"

"Because I'm taking you out on our first official date"

"Where are we going?" I asked with a smile

"Can't tell you"

"So in other words, you don't know yet and are still figuring it out" I teased him

"You know me too well"

JJ and I got up and I went home. He told me he'd pick me up at 5 pm and to wear something cute, not fancy. I spent all afternoon trying to find the perfect outfit. I decided on a casual short and flowy dress.

At exactly 5 pm, the doorbell rang and I opened the door. JJ stood there and he handed me a bouquet of flowers.

"For you, beautiful" He said handing me the flowers

"Thank you, you didn't have to buy me flowers" I said smiling

"Of course, I did. It's our official first date"

I went to the kitchen and put the flowers in a vase. My parents had walked to the door and JJ shook their hands. He promised then he'd have me home by 10 pm. He was being such a gentleman.