chapter two

YOU ARE IN LOVE
chapter two

    "Elle!" Melody called as she ran up to the girl sitting alone. She sat down next to her quickly and wrapped her in a hug. Elle graciously returned it with a smile on her face.

    "I'm so happy you're here you don't even understand. I felt so awkward with all of you at Truham and having to hear about all the stories while I'm at boring old Higgs. Now you're here though and I finally have someone I'm super close with here! Don't get me wrong I love Sadie and Avery but- oh my god speaking of them you should meet them. Anyways  I don't know I've been waiting so long for you to come here and I-" Melody rambled, gesturing her hands as she spoke in an odd circle. Elle let her ramble at first before finally cutting her off.

"I'm glad I'm here too. Happy I'm away from Mr.Reed and all the other transphobes at Truham." Elle started. Melody tried to place who Mr. Reed was before finally getting it.

"Mr.Reed was the teacher that refused to call you Elle right? Also the teacher that Spence had when he ate a pack of crayons and threw up I think." Melody recalled sparing a glance at Elle. That's a particularly funny story because it's still a mystery how Spencer got his hands on crayons and why he decided to eat them. Elle nodded and pulled out her phone. Melody got distracted by her nails, noticing they were chipped and started picking at the nail polish.

bold is tao/ underlined is elle/ italic is melody on elles phone

hey i have news from truham

spill the tea
mels here btw

hi mel :)

hi tao :D
ugh u guys make me sick whats the news

why..? nvm
charlies obsessed with some rugby lad in his form

oh NO
mel gasped btw

why is he like this?
anyway HI how are you guys?? hows higgs today?

higgs is sooo much better than truham
no ones chucked a sandwich across the cafeteria all week

omg. heaven
made any new friends?

yeah!! everyones really nice and melody is insisting I meet sadie and avery.
TAO VOUCH FOR ME PLEASE YOUVE MET AVERY AND SADIE THEYRE COOL

    Melody cringed as she heard the clearing of a throat that wasn't hers or Elles. Elle went and hid the phone quickly but not quickly enough.

    "Is that a phone, Elle? Well?" The aid asked, knowing already but decided to ask anyway. Melody sat trying to think of and excuse to try and save Elle's phone.

    "We're so sorry.. It was all me. My phone uh got taken away because I'm grounded and I really needed to text my mum.. And uh Elle here being a savior and a gift from god let me use hers. I'm sorry. It was a huge emergency." Melody gave an apology that in hindsight made for a lousy excuse. The aid sighed and held her hand out for the phone. Melody rubbed her temple in disappointment as Elle gave up her phone.

    "I'm sorry I completely forgot about the rule." Melody apologized genuinely to Elle as soon as the aid walked away. Elle shook her head with a reassuring smile.