chapter twelve

YOU ARE IN LOVE
chapter twelve

(bold is nick, italic is melody)

Melody!!

Nick!!

I was wondering if you and Spencer wanted to come get milkshakes with me, charlie, tara and darcy before the band show?
I think Elle's coming too.

oh sure! Is this like a weird triple date thing with me tagging along..

No I don't think so. Just come it'll be fun.

okayy

*

It was in fact a weird triple date thing. Not even that. It was a double date between Nick and Charlie and Tara and Darcy. With Spencer, Elle, and to Melody's surprise, Tao. The second the tall boy walked in Melody's direction she visibly tensed. Which Nick and Spencer noticed, causing the two to share a nervous look.

Melody stared as Tao sat at the only seat open at the table. Which coincidentally was right across from her. There was no coincidence the others did that on purpose. Melody smiled an awkward smile.

"Do you ever play film music?" Tao asked Tara. It was obvious he did not wanna go to the concert. At least it was to Melody, who sat quietly sipping on her strawberry milkshake. The girl was mostly zoned out and not paying attention to the conversation. "Well it's not boring then."

"Why'd you agree to come if you thought it would be boring?" Charlie asked, smiling at his best friend. Tao shrugged dramatically.

"Because I'm a very nice and supportive friend. Obviously." Tao replied, making the table laugh. Mel smiled softly. She enjoyed being in Tao's presence. Even if it was a surprise and she wasn't speaking. Tao caught the soft smile on the girl's face, making his eyes light up a bit.

"Tao told me he came for the milkshakes and that he hates all of you." Spencer shrugged and sipped his milkshake with a cheeky grin. Tao rolled his eyes and flipped the boy off.

"Spence is a dirty liar. I never said such things." Tao played back. Spencer laughed and continued drinking the milkshake.

In between sips, Spencer's eyes drifted to his friend next to him. He had never seen Melody this on edge. He squeezed her arm a little to give her some comfort. The girl accepted the contact and gave Spence a small smile.

"I have multiple sources on the Tao exposing by the way." Spence spoke with a dumb smile. The group looked up at him with fake anticipation. He knew this might backfire a little but if Melody needed a push to talk to Tao she would get that push. "He told Melody and Mel told me. Isn't that right Mel?"

Mel looked up from her hands and her eyes darted from Spence to Tao. She smiled and shook her head before responding.

"That's true. I was shocked." Mel played back. Tao rolled his eyes playfully and kicked her foot. softly under the table. Mel smiled, feeling a little better about being here. That was until Darcy spoke up.