chapter eight

YOU ARE IN LOVE
chapter eight

Bold is tao italic is mel

    i miss u

shouldn't you be in class?
i miss u too though

shouldn't YOU be in class?

bell hasn't rung yet so not technically

"not technically"

i hate u

no u don't mel

ur right

    Ever since the movie night last weekend, Tao and Melody's friendship had been strange. Not to them. But everyone who knew they're normal friendship knew something was off. It was like walls were built between the two. Mel, who used to be super touchy, would now go out of her way to not accidentally brush hands with Tao. Going as far to put her hands in her pockets as she walked beside him. Which was extremely out of character considering Melody hated putting her hands in her pockets.

    On the other hand Tao was just being nicer than usual. Everything he did recently had something to do with Melody. If he was on his phone, it was definitely Melody he was texting. If he was smiley during the day it was over something Melody said. She came up in every one of his conversations. He liked her a lot. He wasn't gonna ever say it to anyone though. Not even gonna repeat it out loud.

Melody realized that night that she did have feelings for Tao. It scared her. Hence the change in behavior recently. She couldn't like Tao. They were strictly platonic. They were gonna stay that way. Platonic.

Spence, like most of the couple's friends, was miserable. If anything he was the most miserable. He had to walk to and back from school with the most frustrating pair ever. Then he sits next to Tao in form where every single word out of his mouth is Melody related but of course Tao would argue that he doesn't have a crush on her. Melody wouldn't say a word about liking Tao which also frustrated him. Like damn how hard is it to play matchmaker nowadays.

*

Lunch was odd to say the least. The four girls sat at their regular table. The cafeteria was quieter than usual. The table felt eyes burning through their heads.

"It'll die down soon, won't it?" Elle spoke in an attempt to comfort the couple across from her and Melody. Mel nodded in agreement and offered a comforting smile.

"I really, really hope so." Tara mumbled, shifting uncomfortably.

Melody opened her granola bar and spilt it into four, offering a piece to everyone. Tara turned the piece of granola bar down, being too stressed out to eat. Melody set the extra piece aside just in case Tara changed her mind.

The group sat in silence for a minute or two before Imogen strutted up to the table. She gave a quick smile and wave to Melody. Melody smiled in response. Imogen's look changed into a defensive one as she looked away from Melody.

"Tara, I need to talk to you." Imogen announces with a sweet tone. As much as Mel liked Imogen, the sweet tone in her voice was obviously fake at this moment. Tara muttered before speaking up.