chapter fourteen

YOU ARE IN LOVE
chapter fourteen

         Melody hadn't spoken to many people after the Tao thing.  The guilt had eaten her alive. Norah had been livid. She wasn't ever a huge fan of Tao and when her older sister came home, the sadness evident on her face after being at Tao's house, Norah was ready to kill.

So you can imagine the look Tao received when Norah opened the door of the Jasper residence to him. Right before she slammed it in his face. Tao sighed and knocked on the door again, determined to get in and apologize to Mel. Norah, feeling bitchy, opened the window next to the door to yell at the boy.

"I'll call the police bitch go away." The girl shouted. Tao rolled his eyes before yelling back.

"Norah stop the games. Let me in. I need to speak with Mel." Norah rolled her eyes. She flipped the boy off, causing the boy to roll his eyes even harder.

"She doesn't wanna speak to you."

"Did she say that?" Tao asked, slightly believing it. Norah sighed.

"No. But she probably would, so you should leave." Norah muttered. Yes she was being childish. But all she was thinking about at the moment was her sister's wellbeing.

The argument would've kept going until the girl's dad came to the scene. He had heard the ruckus from two rooms over and was waiting for it to die down but it was obvious that it was not anywhere near.

"Norah quit it." The man scolded before opening the door for the boy. "You better be here to apologize." Alec spoke with a stern tone in his voice before allowing Tao in.

*

Tao took a deep breath before knocking on Mel's door. He heard a small mumble come in and did exactly that. Tao almost winced at the look on Mel's face when she realized it was him.

"Mel. I'm really sorry I reacted like that. I should've heard you out but I didn't and I was stupid for that. I really don't want us to stop being friends because I overreacted like a freak." Tao apologized, sitting on the bed next to the girl. She rolled over and motioned the boy to lie down.

"It's okay. I understand why you were upset." Melody mumbled back. Tao shook his head.

"It's not okay at all. Even if I was upset, that doesn't give me the right to treat you like that. Or for anyone to treat you like that. You deserve so much better and I'm sorry that I did that." Tao ranted. Melody stared at the boy next to her and fell in love a little more. Not even because of his words, just him.

"I still didn't mean to accidentally ditch you for Harry. I'm sorry it happened." Melody whispered. Tao shook his head.

"It was a mistake. I should be apologizing anyway, not you." Tao reassured her. He remembered the other thing he wanted to bring up. Mel knew for ages that Nick and Charlie actually had a thing. But he ignored it.

The room was engulfed in a comfortable silence until Tao spoke up again. "So do u..like harry.?" Mel immediately sat up the smallest bit and gave Tao a shocked look.

"What? Did you seriously just ask if I like Harry? Like Harry Greene, the world's biggest homophobe? Absolutely not. He's an ass and definitely not my type." Mel ranted before lying down again and shaking her head. Tao stared at her, taking in her presence.

"Oh okay...so what's your type then?" Tao hesitantly asked. He prayed the girl would say 'he's a sarcastic asshole who wears beanies and i hate his haircut'. Mel got the slightest bit flustered at this. She didn't know if anything she said would immediately expose her feelings.

"Uh.. I don't know. A nice person I guess. Preferably a friend. I don't know, that's really it I guess." Melody admitted, hoping it would make it a little bit obvious but not too obvious that he'd know. "I'm surprised you asked if I'm being honest."

Tao looked at her quickly after this. "What does that mean?" Mel gave a shrug, thinking of how to communicate her thoughts.

"I mean you're just so anti-romance." The girl explained. Tao scoffed and shook his head. Even though he knew she was slightly right.

"I am not anti romance." Tao argued, making Melody laugh. She grabbed his hand mid laugh. The two didn't notice.

"Yes. You are." Melody responded. Tao playfully rolled his eyes, quieting down. That's when the two had realized their hands tangled together. Tao felt the flush in his cheeks as he squeezed her hand. He looked away from the girl and mustered up the courage to say what he wanted to.

"You know. Uh. This could be seen as quite romantic." Tao mumbled, referring to their hands. Melody's face went bright red. She couldn't tell for sure but something told her that Tao Xu was flirting with her.

"Yeah. It could..do you see it as romantic?" Melody responded softly. She was anxious about the boy's answer. He smiled and looked at the girl

"Do you?"

Neither of the two knew what to say. This was unusual for the dynamic. Both of them were too scared to make any other move so they just laid there with their hands interlaced

{cringe tbh}

ALSO PLS PLS PLS HELP ME. if i were to write a tsitp fic who should be the love interest: cam cameron
or conrad

also pls vote and comment i love attention and it makes me wanna write❤️