chapter nine

YOU ARE IN LOVE
chapter nine

    It was later in the week now. The trio was walking to school as usual. Well the usual that was new now. The awkward Tao and Mel usual. The aggravated but trying to hide it Spencer. That usual. Everyone thought that the two would get over whatever happened but that didn't happen.

"Wait so there's some rugby match game thing and I'm supposed to go?" Spencer asked, not bothering to look at the two others. Melody nodded, walking extremely stiff.

"Is your pretty friend gonna be there?" Spencer asked, finally looking over at Melody. Tao and Melody shared a look of confusion. Neither knew what Spencer was on about.

"Which friend?" Tao questioned while staring at the other boy, a protective flare in his eyes. Spencer picked up on the look and cowered down the smallest bit.

Melody shot Tao a 'cut it out' look. Tao tore his eyes away quickly.

"Elle. Is she gonna be there?" Spencer finally mumbled with rosy cheeks. Melody and Tao's looks changed drastically.

Tao was shocked and Melody had an endearing look on her face. She always thought Spencer had a little bit of a crush on Elle and getting it confirmed was like christmas. Well he didn't flat out say he likes Elle but it was close enough.

"YES! She'll be there. This is about supporting Charlie though so try to not run off to go makeout behind the bins or something." Melody responded with an excited look on her face. Tao faked a gag at the last part. Elle was like a sister to him and the last thing he needed to imagine was her making out with Spencer Winns behind bins.

"I'll be there. Not at the bins, at the match thing."

*

    The group of 7 watched as Charlie came running up. He hugged Elle first before moving onto Mel.

    "Excuse me. Where's our hug?" Tao asked, referring to him and Issac.

    "I would appreciate a hug too but you know that's fine." Spencer added with a small shrug. Charlie rolled his eyes at the three boys.

    "I see you all the time." Charlie shrugged. Tao put on an offended look which made Melody laugh. Tao quickly shot her a playfully mad look.

    "Wait, why do you have an umbrella? Is it supposed to rain?" Melody whispered to Tao as Darcy introduced herself to Charlie. Tao looked at Melody with a confused look. Usually she was the one prepared. She was always aware.

    "Yeah. I'm surprised you didn't know. If it does actually start raining we can share the umbrella. Don't worry." Tao whispered back with a smitten looking smile on his face.

Melody returned the smile and gave Tao a wimpy side hug, mumbling a thank you. Tao nodded and diverted his attention to Nick's group of friends walking in. Imogen spotted Melodyand waved enthusiastically. Melody matched the energy and waved back.

*

The match had started after a few minutes. The other team was huge compared to the Truham team which made Melody's nerves rise.

Melody watched the game confused, not knowing anything about rugby.

"So, does anyone remember the rules of rugby because I don't." Tao spoke up, making Melody immediately nod in agreement with him. Turns out the whole group knew not one thing about rugby.

It was clear Truham was struggling. All of their boys including Nick were getting thrown around like rag dolls.

Melody sighed as the thunder started to rumble and it started pouring. She hated the rain. She got under the umbrella with Tao, her eyes still glued on the game. Tao kept stealing glances at the girl next to him until he felt a head rest on his opposite shoulder and arms wrapped around his arm. He turned his head to see Spencer, snuggled into him.

"Isn't this so romantic?" Spencer sighed with a dreamy tone that was threatened by his voice breaking into laughter. Melody looked over at the boy and giggled slightly. Tao held back a little laughter before speaking up.

"Spence, please go share Elle's umbrella. You're breathing into my ear and it's making me uncomfortable." Tao whispered before giving Spencer a slight shove into Elle's direction."

Spencer awkwardly walked over to Elle to ask if they could share the umbrella. Melody and Tao mumbled a small 'aw' when she said 'yes' almost immediately.

{thinking abt how my team lost a football game 0-50 two days ago. anyways hey!!}