chapter ten

YOU ARE IN LOVE
chapter ten

To say Truham was losing was an understatement. It was 0-14. You don't have to guess which is which. Charlie had been getting tackled pretty badly due to his size compared to the full grown men he was against.

"Who knows, maybe Harry and Charlie are friends." Melody explained to Tao as they watched the two walk together on the field. Tao sighed and shook his head.

"That's even worse. Next, Charlie is gonna bring the whole rugby team to our film night and make us watch Avengers or something." Tao shuddered in disgust. Melody let out a small laugh.

"You must think about that a lot huh? You, have nightmares about it? Also I can't believe you don't like the Avengers." Melody replied, looking up at Tao with a teasing smile. He sighed a little and rolled his eyes.

"You like Avengers because your movie taste sucks. And yes I do have nightmares about it." Tao said back while giving the girl a sassy smile. She scoffed and nudged him a little.

"I'm not arguing about movies with you today."

Tao's demeanor changed a few seconds later. Melody noticed and mumbled a 'what'

"Do you think our friend group is falling apart?" Tao asked with his eyes burning into hers. Her face twisted into a look of confusion. She knew where this was coming from but she thought everyone's friendships were fine.

"No. We can talk about this later if you're still worried about it though, okay?" Melody responded, leaning into the boy's side.

Despite his down mood the action still managed to make a crimson paint his cheeks.

*

The match was cut short after Charlie tried to tackle a guy twice his size. It ended him in the infirmary holding a tissue to his bleeding nose. The groups sat around hanging out.

"Do you think Elle and Spence are making out behind the bins?" Melody asked Tao as they stood on the balcony. Tao laughed and shook his head.

"I highly doubt it. The bins aren't very romantic." Tao shut the idea down quickly. Melody nodded along with him. Even though who knows she hasn't seen either of them for a few minutes. "Hey.. can we talk about the friendship thing from earlier?"

Melody knew exactly what was about to happen. When she meant later she didn't mean right now but she knew Tao had to get it off his chest soon. "Yes."

"Charlie's not going to give up on Nick Nelson, is he?"

"Oh. Highly doubt it."

Tao sighed at that response. He knew she was right but wished so bad she was wrong. "Maybe we should just stop getting involved."

"I can't believe those words came out of your mouth. Are you feeling okay, love? You're the king of getting involved." Melody played while holding his face, pretending to check for a fever. Tao laughed and held her hands that rested on his cheeks.

"Shut up. New subject.. I liked meeting your other friends today." Tao smiled before letting her hands down. Melody smiled softly before leaning against the railing.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

The two sat in a comfortable silence for a few seconds before Tao spoke up again.

"Thank you for making me befriend Spencer too. He's actually not as annoying as he came off at first. Makes form way better now."

Hearing this was one of the best things Melody has ever heard come out of Tao's mouth. She had to hold back the small cheer.

"I'm glad. You needed a new friend desperately." Melody played back before looking at Tao once again. He pretended to be offended.

"How dare you?" He said in a gruff voice. Melody let out a laugh at his dorkiness.

The comfortable silence was back for a few more minutes. Tao felt nothing but pure peace until the ripping-hair out voice of Harry Greene shrilled through the area. Tao looked down with an eye roll. Melody immediately turned around too.

The sight the pair saw was most of the rugby boys and Imogen crowding the door. The two shared a look.

"I was waiting to see Nick." Imogen answers with a giddy smile. Melody's eyes immediately widened.

"Oh. Finally gonna make a move?" Harry asks, giving his annoying smile. Imogen nods. Almost immediately Tao and Melody meet each other's eyes.

"Just piss off Harry." Imogen snapped, making all the rugby boys give a mocking 'ooo' Melody rolled her eyes.

"Okay, fine. If you're gonna be a coward about it." Harry responded with a challenging tone laced in his voice. Melody cringed as she saw Nick walk out the building, being met with the small crowd.

"Oh. Hey."

"Hey!" Imogen responded with a sickly cheery tone. Nick stayed quiet for an awkward amount of time. Tao and Melody shared a look and cringed.

"What's up?" Nick asked. He looked slightly antsy.

There was a moment where Melody was nervous. She didn't want Imogen to be publicly embarrassed if he said no. Even though she's slightly bringing it on herself for asking with a crowd. But she didn't want Nick to say yes either.

Imogen smiled. "You did so good."

Nick looked at the other boy with a small laugh. "Uh, I mean, the match was canceled and we were losing anyway, but..thanks." Some of the boys started laughing. "So what's going on?"

"I...I wanted to ask you if, um...like, this is really random." Imogen laughed nervously. "But maybe we could, like go out somewhere. Together. Like, I guess sort of a...date. Or something."

"Oh. Um..."

"Go on, Nick." Harry encouraged him.

If Melody was a different person she would've most definitely thrown something at Harry's head. He needs to stay out of it.

"Yeah. I guess so, sure." Nick responded.

Tao and Melody's jaws dropped. Charlie was gonna be crushed. That is if Nick tells Charlie. The two on the balcony turn and catch eyes, sharing the same blank look.

{im dumb and posted the wrong chapter last night... heres the real chapter 10!!}