chapter three

YOU ARE IN LOVE
chapter three

!!!mentions of throw up (kinda)

    "You won't believe what has happened." Tao fumed as he walked up to Melody, who was talking with their mutual friend Otis by the Truham gates. Tao noticed the infamous Nick Nelson he was about to rant about talking with Melody too. Tao made eye contact with the guy and gave him a small nasty look before directing his attention back to Melody. Melody wished the two boys a goodbye before grabbing Tao's hand and leading him away.

    "What happened?" Melody inquired while letting his hand go. Tao sighed which made worry rise in Melody. Her mind immediately jumped to the worst. Like him and Charlie got into a big argument and there's no way to fix it. Or like someone said something that actually got to him and hurt him a bit.

"Charlie joined the rugby team for his straight boy crush." Tao hissed and crossed his arms. Melody calmed slightly. That wasn't too bad. She was worried for Charlie yeah but she thought and she would never admit it but Tao was overreacting a tad bit. But she also knew he has every right to act like that and be worried because of how bad last year went for Charlie.

"Wait.. who's the straight boy?" Melody asked, looking up at Tao. The height difference wasn't too large but it wasn't tiny either. Tao stood at 5'11 while Melody stood at 5'7. Last year Melody was taller than him. She's a little bitter now that she can't playfully tease him about his height.

"Nick Nelson." Tao responded with an eye roll. Melody had to refrain from stopping walking. She knew that was dramatic but Charlie liking Nick Nelson didn't seem awful to her. She had hung out with Nick on multiple occasions due to them sharing a few mutual friends. He had always been nice to her as well as nice to everyone else.

"Oh my god! Nick Nelson is like the perfect guy for Charlie. Well for him to crush on I guess." Melody chimed back while looking at the flowers on the edge of the pavement on her left side. Tao groaned and rolled his eyes. Melody stopped smiling and brought her attention back to him.

"God let me guess you're in love with him too. It's like a cult. Everyone has a crush on Nick Nelson." Tao complained while starting to drag his feet. Melody's nose scrunched and she held back an eye roll.

"No I don't like Nick. But he's nice. We've hung out a few times." Melody defends, looking at Tao again. Tao realizes by the look in her eyes and the tone in her voice that he had upset her. He sighed apologetically and shook his head.

"And he's straight, right?" Tao questioned as they crossed the street. Melody shrugs in response, not feeling like talking. Tao rolls his eyes yet again.

"I don't know what you want Tao. He's never told me he's straight but he's never told me he's gay either. Why are you assuming he's straight though?" Melody replies with an exasperated tone in her voice. She wasn't feeling too good and she had had a long day and the last thing she wanted was to argue with Tao over Nick Nelson's sexuality. She didn't like arguing with Tao and she also knew it wasn't her business about Nick's sexuality. It wasn't hers or anyone else's business besides himself anyways.

"Well I mean just look at him. He's for sure straight." Tao argued in a weirdly calm voice. Melody scoffed at how stupid he sounded. Tao immediately brought his attention to her when the scoff came out of her mouth.

"You can't tell someone's sexuality based on how they look. It's also not our place to assume Nick's sexuality. For someone so smart Tao you're sounding like an idiot. Like lord it's so annoying." Melody commented, immediately feeling bad for the last part. She winced a little at the pounding in her head. The two walked in silence for the rest of the walk home. Melody was bathing in a pool of guilt for her words.