Prologue

ATTENTION: Currently editing b/c my 13/14 year old self left the book ending horribly, and once i get to the end, it will probably change drastically.

Prologue: Elaina's POV

"You have to go." Layla kept telling me, over and over to where I was unable to get a word in.

"OKAY!" I finally yelled, getting her attention. "I'll go," I mumbled the last part, sinking in my seat a little.

"Really?" She asked, shocked. Her dark brown curls bounced next to her head as she turned to face me. Her big green eyes looked me over in confusion.

"Yes, I'll go to Rane's party." I told her, tucking a piece of my blonde hair behind my ear.

"Oh," was all she said. Her petite frame turned back to facing in front of her, and her eyes raked over the road again.

"Nothing to say?" I asked, astonished. She was always talking. Her face turned to me for a second before facing to the front again.

"I was kind of planning on pestering you the rest of the ride but you gave in too quickly." A faint blush appeared on her face as she admitted to pestering me. I nodded and she smiled. "This will be so fun!" She started hopping up and down in her seat.

I sighed. "I'll stay for an hour, and if it's boring, I'm leaving." She frowned but nodded anyway. She knew that was the most she would get out of me.

"Fine, but you're wearing a dress." Okay so maybe she will try and get more out of me. I open my mouth to deny but she sends me a warning look that has my mouth snapping shut. She may have a petite little body but she is really intimidating when she wants to be.

"We'll just go straight to my house to get ready." She concluded while turning on to her road. Her house was really big but so were the others around it. I lived in a two story condo with my mom and seven year old brother. It is kind of weird for me to have a brother ten years younger but no one says anything about it.

I don't know who my father is though. Never met him.

"We're here!" Layla jumps out the door and runs up to her door, leaving me to slowly get out. She was an only child, much to her parents' dismay. They couldn't have another child due to the problems of having Layla. They treated me like their daughter anyway.

Making my way through the door, I walk up the steps to Layla's room calling out a "hello" to see if anyone else besides Layla was home.

I didn't get an answer. They must be out somewhere.

I finally get to Layla's room and groan when I see the huge mass of clothes on her bed.

"We'll never get through all of these." I mutter while throwing my bag in a corner and flinging myself on the bed on top of all of the clothes.

"Nonsense!" Her reply was muffled by the walls of clothes in her closet. "Now hurry up and get naked, we don't have much time."

I groaned again but started to wiggle out of my skinny jeans and big dark hoodie. My boots hit the floor with a thump.

Sitting up, I saw Layla look at me with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Oh, great.

Three hours later, she had us in matching dresses except mine was a dark blue and hers a dark green. My long blonde hair was curled and so was her long dark brown locks. My caramel colored eyes popped out with the mascara and eyeliner she used.

"We look good." She concluded, handing me a pair of black heels while looking around for a set for herself.

"Lets go!" She said, walking confidently out her door. As I followed, I had a bad feeling about tonight. It wasn't really a bad feeling but more of one that stated 'this is going to change your life.'

If only I knew how much it would change.