[ 29 ] Irony

"Shall we start, my love?"He suddenly declared, intended to say it out loudly for them to hear.

Shivers run down your spine, lifting your hands to hug yourself from the sudden chills at the nickname.

"Yeahhh, no. Stop that."

"What's wrong? I thought you like it?"

"... did you damage your brain? Even if I do, I would never admit it."

"So you do like it?"

"No, I— Good grief, do you intentionally trying to mess up my focus?"

"I'd rather have your focus on me. Only me."

"Oh well, looks like—"The sentence went unfinished when you noticed the chill in his dreary eyes. The word 'danger' erupted in your mind when he suddenly look at you dead in the eyes as if informing you none of his words are a mere joke.

"Why are you looking at me like that, [Y/N]-chan?"

The tense air dissipated when his usual carefree persona returned, causing you to exhale a deep breath that you were unconsciously holding.

"I should be the one to ask you that, Yuuma."

A gentle laugh escaped his lips, wrapping an arm around your shoulder, claiming that he was jesting while you grumbles uncomprehending words underneath your breath. Unbeknownst to you, his eyes dangerously glance over to the twin, forming a smirk upon his lips at the emotion of envy and irk adorned their faces as they watch the interaction between you and the red-headed.

His smirk told them to not cross the line but it wasn't like the twins for them to back down from what is theirs. They aren't giving you up on that bastard.

"Aniki, did you see what that prick do to her?"

"Yes, Atsuya."The periwinkle-haired boy mumbled eyes narrowed at the male."Way too clear to my liking."

"Eh? Nani, nani, why are you two looking like you want to murder someone?"Nae pipes in their conversation, though Atsuya walks away without answering her question.

"I'm sure we didn't look like that, Princess. Now if you would excuse me."

He didn't wait for the answer before making his way to Someoka, leaving the poor girl in confusion state. She puffed out her cheeks, imitating a look of a squirrel.

"Mou, how rude!"

───────────────

As soon as Atsuya did the kick-off, you spun your heels around and make a little jog towards your team goal which is carefully guarded by Nishikage who sent you a knowing look.

"I'll take over for this one, Seiya."You gave him a little wave, flashing him a beam despite he couldn't see it. "It seems like they're going to do that Hissatsu again."

"Yes, [Y/N]-san."He didn't say anything afterwards as you stood in front of him. He didn't doubt you. Not even the slightest.

It was precautionary for him to get his blocking hissatsu ready.

Well, it's not like he needs to since you rarely fail on something you enjoy about.

Or do you even enjoy this kind of soccer? Instantly, he shook off the thought from his head and you send him a look of concern at his sudden weird behavior.

He would never dare to ask you a question on a path that you have chosen.

Ah, when was the last time you did your Hissatsu technique?