[ 30 ] promise

currently punching, vomiting, hitting, screaming to write orion x reader. might going to a writing sprees.

───────────────

The icy hue of [ color ] glowers down on the dark brown-haired boy from behind while standing there in silence with hands remained in your pockets.

However, you didn't make any effort to speak or make a sound to let your presence known when all your attention was focused on the conversation that the Captain of Outei Tsukinomiya and Raimon's manager currently had which seems much more interesting.

To Asuto, at least.

A dull pang of disappointment on the auburn-haired boy hit your chest pretty hard, that's enough to make your eyes crystallize with tears at the feeling of betrayal.

All you could do was look up and took a deep breath to prevent the tears from spilling. Good grief, why are you crying on this small matter?

"What are you doing here?"You finally voiced out, drying the warm tears with the long sleeves of your shirt,

"Asuto?"

You watch the way he flinched and snapped his head around with a look that describe shock plastered on his face when your cold piercing voice reached his ears.

"[L-L/N]-san!"

"This is your enemy's territory. Why did you even set a foot here?"

The scene that you intentionally made caught the attention of the two as the hollow grey eyes lit up with a smile crept up on his face.

"[Y/N]-chan—Can you please move away, Anna-san?"The way he asked her politely caused a small smile to curl the corner of your lips but when he is getting closer, you forced it to disappear.

"[Y/N]-chan, I'm glad you are here."He gently spoke, now standing in front of you. His hand levitated itself to your face.

It was pretty priceless to see how his eyes slightly widened when you dodged his upcoming hand away by reeling your head away as he intended to hold your face in his palm.

"You two should head back."You took a step back and turned your head to the two Raimon members, "It will be bad for us if you stayed here longer."

Despite the hesitation that was shown on their faces, they wordlessly complied, fighting down their urges to ask him more about the information.

Watching their backs fading into a small dot, that's when you finally face him.

"What's wrong?"

"Playing dumb are we?"You rolled your eyes, arms folded in front of you, "I don't know you trust that stranger more than your friend by years."

"I don't get it."

"Illness!"You hissed, "You are ill, Yuuma. A brain tumor at that."

It was his turn to narrow his eyes. "Even if that was the case, how is it any concern of yours? You shouldn't meddle in my business."

In utter disbelief, you sealed your lips shut and pursed them into a thin line.

He knew that he didn't harbor any feelings for you— or that's what he thought since he only approached you for reasons.

After all, if he could manipulate you, it wouldn't be hard to do the same on Miura as well.

But, why?

He hates how you look at him with disappointment. He hates the way it was the silence that filled the air instead of your laughter.

"You're right. My bad then."You stepped down without a fight. You are still tired from the previous match and only accepted his invitation because... he is the one who asked. If your choice leads you into this mess, then it was a mistake.

"I shouldn't have evolved myself on stranger's matters."

"[Y/N], let's not fight about this."

Chuckling bitterly, you only shrug your shoulders. "I'm sure we are not close enough to fight with each other."

"[Y/N]."

"Remember our promise? There won't be any secrets between us. I told you everything about me and you told me most of the things about yourself. So what absurdness is this?"

"I thought you already knew about my illness."He smiles innocently, making your eye twitch.

This son of bitch.

"You know about it but you still chose to keep it a secret from me? Unbelievable."

"In my opinion, it's pretty humorous."He chuckled, raising both his hands to protect himself when you attempt to punch him.

"I'm the captain. The captain has to be there."He reached his hand towards yours once again and hold them securely in his. He gives you a light squeeze in assurance.

"The next match will be the last, I will promise you that."

"Soccer is merely a sport or a hobby. Why are you going so far?"

"It's simply because I love soccer."

His answer left you dumbfounded."Even so..."

"And also because I want to play with you longer on the same field, in the same team."

Instead of finding his sentence heartwarming, your heart ached at the reality. He won't like what you are going to say after the FFI. Or he might be going as far as to hate you for your choice.

"Then let me support you until the end."

"I'll be counting on you a little longer."

"Take your time, it's not that I'm going anywhere."A lie spewed from your lips and it looks like he is unaware of it as his gaze filled with endearment.

"Have I told you how much I love you?"

"I know that you don't actually love me so you can stop lying now."You scoffed and try to slip your hands away but his grip tightened, preventing you from doing so.

"No, no, I think I fell in love all over again and learned to accept it this time."

"You aren't in the position to say that, y'know?"You gave him a blank look till you recalled the reason you agreed to meet him.

"Remember what I said earlier?"He only hummed contently. He obviously didn't.

"Two days before the final match, Miura and I will be staying with our grandmother in Inakunijima for three days."

For the first time in a while, you watch the way his face gets paler and paler, to the point he could be mistaken for a ghost.