Chapter 1

- Logan -

"Hi folks, this is CaptainCarter live and thanks for watching my stream!"

I explained, my mouth close to my microphone and in a voice that you could probably hear the smile from.

"I noticed that I've been playing on the EpicHero-SMP for a few weeks and haven't even built my own house yet", I continued while using my keyboard to navigate through my group of friends' Minecraft server without stopping or thinking for a second.

"That's why I decided that today I will personally ask EpicHero himself if there is still a piece of land available for me in our 'city'."

I emphasized the word city in particular, because the thrown together village of crooked houses, restaurants without a roof, shops in which you don't have to pay (and where you only get second-hand items) and random chests standing around is hardly able to be considered a real city.

I turned on my second screen and opened Discord.

I was lucky, EpicHero was just online and I saw that he had started a video call, open to members of the SMP.
As always, I logged in with the camera deactivated and burst into a wild discussion between CarlislePlays and LizFiz.

"Not true!"
"Oh no?!"
"No!"
"Then why is it on every website, in every encyclopedia and wherever else?!"
"Are there lexicons about that ?!"
"It's called lexica!"

When they noticed that I had joined the call, the two interrupted their argument briefly to give me a small "Hey Captain!" but immediately resumed their argument.

Suddenly, a dark and very familiar voice started to speek.
"Guys, could you please continue on another call? You're getting kinda annoying."

Carlisle immidiantly stopped and whisperd: "Hey Liz?" "Yeah?" "VC 3 in five minutes?" "Sure."
And with that, they left the call.

When there was finally silence, EpicHero started talking to me.

"Hey Cap."

His voice was warm and familiar, and I emidiantly calmed down.
"Hi."
I took a deep breath before I started telling EpicHero about my idea.
The proposal to move me from the 'town hall' to my own house seemed grandiose to him and he willingly agreed to help me with the construction.

About three hours later, I said goodbye to my viewers and closed the stream.
My house looked a bit like a farm, with a place to store items in the cellar and not to many floors, but it had a guest room and even a portal inside.

Yawning, I stretched and looked at the clock. Half past one in the night.
I heard EpicHero laugh from behind my computer. "Are you tired?" He asked, still with a small chuckle in his voice.
I was glad that the stream was already closed because I started laughing loudly, too. I buried my face in my hands even though I knew he couldn't see me. EpicHero knew his effect on others.

I tried to ignore the whole thing as best as possible and replied, "Exactly, I'm tired, and that's why I'm going to end our call now. Good night!"
"Wait!" EpicHero called back in a fake horrified voice. "What would I do without you?!", he asked dramatically, and the statement reminded me of a horror movie we watched together (He was so scared that we had to end the stream...lol).

I couldn't hold back any longer and burst out laughing, which EpicHero joined in after a few seconds.

"But seriously," he said suddenly, and at the excited and somehow ... hopeful tone in his voice, I immediately stopped laughing.
What crazy idea had he thought of now? "We could ... I mean ... uhm." His voice suddenly broke off and I could even tell through the device that he was unsure.
"Yes?" I asked, now curious as to what could make the otherwise perfect EpicHero uncertain.

"We could really meet sometime. I mean, you already didn't come to the big gathering with Carlisle and Liz so I thought..."

I had already stopped listening. Swallowing, I stared at my screen. No no NO! My breath was quick and shallow as I continued listening to EpicHero.

"...I mean, we've known each other for more than a year now and don't even know what the other one looks like!" Like you want to know that. "Besides ... I'd love to meet you in real life, not just through a screen."

"T-That doesn't ... uhm ... wo-work," I replied stuttering and just managed to finish my sentence.

There was no way I would see him. It would just go the same as it did at my old school. He would turn away and start bullying me. The reason I dropped out of school when I was 16.
"And why not?", EpicHero asked in a low and gentle voice, which made me stutter even more. "B-Because ... uhm ... I ... uhm ..."

I tensed up and squeezed my hands between my thighs so they would stop shaking so much.
"Is it the same reason as the fact that you never turn on your camera on your streams? Not even among your friends?"

I widened my eyes, my breathing became even faster, even louder, and my arms began to tremble as well. He seemed to have heard my gasp, because he asked worriedly, "Are you alright, Cap?"

"I-I'm sorry, I have to go!" I replied hastily, my voice cracking several times. "Cap wait!" I heard him shout, in his voice you could clearly hear worry, horror and disappointment at my reaction. Then I left the call.

I buried my face in my arms while small tears ran down my cheeks. It was the right decision.

Or was it?

~940 words

——————
We already started spicy!
Why is Logan (Captain) so scared of meeting up?
What's his secret?
Stay tuned!

Please vote, share and comment!

-❣️☯️