Chapter 7

- Logan -

With a little movement next to me, I slowly opened my eyes.

My bedroom was filled with warm, soft morning light coming from the small window in the corner above, and in bed next to me was ... Edward? Confused, I sat up, but was immediately pulled back onto the mattress by him.

He mumbled softly, and in his incomprehensible words I meant to hear things like 'chimney', 'stream' and 'potato'. Laughing, I fought against his grip, which only made the sleeping man pull me even closer to his chest.

"Let go!"

He didn't.

After a few more seconds of squirming and kicking, I was able to work my way out from under his arms and get out of the bed.

I quietly left the room and went down the hall to the kitchen. I made toast and scoured the fridge for anything to eat.
Suddenly I felt a chest press agains my back and heard Edward mutter softly: "Morning." "Good morning.", I replied, turning my head so I could look into his eyes.

As if as a challenge, he held my gaze.
"Did you sleep well?", I asked. He only answerd with a yawn.

We didn't talk until the toasts popped out of the toaster.
"Do you want to eat something too?" I finally asked, breaking our eye contact.
He let me go and leaned against the wall. "Sure," he replied with a yawn and licked his lips.

"I could eat a whole wolf." He seemed to search the room for one, but then shrugged and grabbed my wrist. I blushed slightly, but still wouldn't give him the satisfaction of reacting.

He finally gave up on me, but only because he wanted to search my fridge.
Breathing out in relief, I grabbed some plates and started setting the mini-table.

As we sat down to eat, Edward suddenly said, "We should start uncovering some secrets. Would you like to tell me about yourself?" Sighing softly, I dropped my shoulders.

"My parents died in a car accident when I was 13. My grandma died when I was 15 and I was put in a home by my uncle, my last remaining relative. I ran away at 16 because I was always bullied by the kids there. I dropped out of school there too."

He looked at me in shock.
"That is a year ago now. I turned seventeen about four months ago and have owned my channel since my 16th birthday."

Edward choked and coughed a bit before looking wide-eyed at me.
"You are not even of legal age yet and have done that whole thing by yourself?!"
"Yes." I answered quietly.
He leaned back.

"And you?" I asked to break the oppressive silence.

"I'm 21 now, dropped out of college at 19 to become an influencer. My parents live just a few streets away from me." He paused.

"Why are your eyes like that?" He asked slowly and carefully, as if not to stress me.

"I suffer from albinism," I explained calmly.
"It ensures that my body lacks the pigments, so you can see the blood in my eyes."

—————
~520 words

Poor Cap :(
Let's see what'll happen next!

Please share the story!

-❣️☯️