Chapter 2

- Edward -

"Cap!"

I shouted again, but Carter had already left the call.
I leaned back in my chair, confused.
I had expected something like that, with him becoming uncomfortable when even mentioning his camera, but not that he would freak out right away. Sighing, I folded my arms over my chest and thought about it.

What could have made him so upset?

Did I criticize him? Or offend? Had I offended him with my remark about his camera being switched off?

No idea.

Tired, I got up and squeezed past my table out of the tiny recording room of my apartment. I trotted down the hall before entering my living room. It only consisted of a small leather couch, a table and a television. There was a small bookshelf in the corner as well.

I dropped onto the sofa and stretched out my legs. Actually, I was a little bit too big for the couch, both my legs and my head protruding a little. I took my smartphone out of my pocket and tried to call Carter.
He didn't answer.

My rest of the evening went like this until three in the morning. I dozed off, startled, and tried again and again to call Carter. I never got an answer.

I was worried about him. I knew next to nothing about his personal life, and so did our small group of friends.
When he started on YouTube, he would be super shy, even scared, not reacting to comments and not talking to any other person on MCYT.
I liked him, with positive attitude and cheerfull talking, and decided to show him some tricks and often helped him.

And now THAT.

At some point I actually fell asleep, because the next time I checked my watch, it was past 9 am.
Yawning, I stretched and sat up, scratching my back. Then I got up and shuffled over to the bedroom to get some fresh clothes. In a white hoodie and light blue jeans, I went to the kitchen to make some eggs.

While my scrambled eggs were sizzling in the pan and I was baking yesterday's bread (or was it the day before yesterday?) in the oven, I took a quick look at my messages, none of which had arrived from Carter yet.
I sighed, but immediately looked up at a strange noise. Cursing, I took the pan with the almost burned egg off the stove.

After my breakfast (which only consisted of bread with some butter and jam now) I sat down at my computer table in the recording room.
I took a deep breath, starting with scripting and coding my newest video.

~time skip~

A month had already passed since my chaotic conversation with Carter.
Whenever I called him, he wouldn't pick up and talk to me.

He didn't stream anymore - of course he was still making videos, but those were also not very creative.

Cap - or better known as CaptainCarter, his Gamername - had some contacts to people who worked at Mojang and could help him if he wanted to create knew mods.
In his curent videos, he was just trying to break weird records or some stuff like that.

After 34 days of idealessness and 34 days of radio silence, I made a decision...

—————
~550 words
Logan is silent - what will Edward do?
Maybe you already have an idea...
Stay tuned!

And a quick explanation: Edward and his friends don't know Logans real name, which is why they call him Carter, Cap or Captain (after his Youtube/Streamer/Gamername CaptainCarter).
Logan also doesn't know 'Epic's' real name!

Please vote!

-❣️☯️