Chapter 3 - More Money, More problems

I rolled my eyes as I read my mothers text message.

She only remember me when she wants money but I don't mind. Bad blessings would surely follow me if I didn't support my mom, seeing how good I'm living.

I moved her out of the ghetto some years ago, and got her a two bedroom in Portmore for her and my baby sister Ashley. She was born while I was away in Trinidad and I've never met her father.

My mother being the perfect ghetto rat, refuses to stay away from our old area and now is telling me about a party there that she intends to attend. She doesn't work, so of course I will have to pay for her outfit and give her money to spend.

HE says I enable her. HE enables me so he has no grounds to talk. At the end of the day, I'm going to ensure that she and my sister are okay. I don't have anything else to spend my money on seeing that he refuses to allow me to spend on myself.

It's been ten years of him doing it and I can't complain much about that. My only ick is that no matter how he tries to convince me different, he will never truly be just mine.

I'm brought out of my brooding by my mom's ringtone. It looks like I took too long to respond to her message so now she is calling.

"Yes Angela?" I answered her dryly. She know how mi stay so I don't know why she a run mi dung right now.

"A suh you bloodclaat stay enuh Alex. A cya mi weh go up a Jubilee go bawl fi 8 hours straight fi push out yuh fat raas yuh a come style as Angela. Hey gyal!" She responds brawling.

My mother everyone.

"Yuh done?" I asked her.

"Eeh. Weh yah seh now? Yuh nah gimmie di money? A tonight a the party enuh. Mi waah sumn hot fi go mad dem out a that. Real dolly dung." She tells mi in her drawl.

I rolled my eyes.

"How much yuh want?" I ask her while I turned on my car. It was 7 AM in the morning. Too fucking early for all of this excitement.

"Yuh must can buss yuh mother pon 50 grand Alex. Mi know that soft fi yuh." Hear the big woman.

"You know that's half of your child's school fee for the term right? You want me to give you $50,000 to go party with your no good friends?" I asked her pissed.

She hissed her teeth loudly.

"Suh a me did tell yuh fi send her go a that deh school Alex? When yuh come to mi wid the school argument mi nuh tell yuh seh mek Lee Lee guh a di likkle school round di road?" My very careless mother rebutts

"Now yuh waah come stop my shine a come talk bout school fee. Alex if yuh a give mi di money, yuh give mi and mek mi go bout mi business." She says with an attitude.

"Angela yuh know how mi mek my money? Yuh prime enough fi a mek demands? Yuh ever work fifty grand one time, yuh waah come go a party fi braff wid mi hard earn money?" I say feeling myself getting upset.

"Hard earned money weh Alex? Yuh think mi nuh know seh you a tek man long time and a gwaan like yuh a saint! Member seh mi nuh pay fi nuh subject fi yuh enuh and a ten mi see yuh go tek one time and not even bat yuh eye. Member seh when yuh did start pre-uwi and mi ask yuh bout the fee yuh tell mi seh it tek care off enuh and not even taxi fare yuh nuh ask mi fah fi go." She rants loudly and I felt like my chest was caving in.