Chapter 4 - secrets

"Ashley, stop jiggle up yourself like that and put on the seatbelt." I tell my five year old sister.

I just picked her up from swim lessons and now we are heading to get Starbucks.

"Mommy I'm just so excited for Starbucks." She exclaimed while putting on the seatbelt.

"If you don't sit quiet, the only thing that you will be getting is a bottle of water. Behave." I tell her while turning into the plaza.

For the past year this girl has insisted on calling me mommy. Everything that I do to get her to stop has failed miserably and everyone finds it hilarious. She only refers to our mother by her first name but I think a lot of that is due to me.

She mimics everything she sees me do and I don't know if I'm proud or scared.

Driving into the plaza, I quickly park and hop out of my ride. I get Ash out of the car as well, starting our trek into the bustling building.

It's packed!

We joined the line standing behind two preppy looking girls. One of them had huge curly hair and a mouth full of braces. Her friend had straight hair that was cut into a bob, it was cute.

As we waited patiently for the line to move, I couldn't help but overhear their conversation.

"Girl, your man posted to the gram." Brace-face says conspiratorially. Miss Bob started to squeal attracting attention to where we are standing.

"Girl yuh lie. I have on his post notifications so that would never miss me." She says aloud. She pulled out her phone and curiosity got the best of me so I zoned in on her screen with her friend.

She went on IG typing in a name I recognized instantly. The light skinned, tatted guy who popped up on her screen caused a smile to spread across my face.

Watch the fans.

I chuckled lightly, looking away from her screen as they continued to fawn over the pictures.

Feeling a tug on my dress I looked down at Ashley who had a mischievous grin plastered on her face.

Yuh know seh this likkle pickney a crosses.

"What's up?" I asked her.

"Can I get a cake pop?" She asked. I don't know why she did though because she knows what's coming next.

"Sure you can. Just know that if you get it, you're not getting a drink." I tell her standing back up.

"Mommy please. I want two of them." She started to whine. She knows I hate that so I'm not sure why she is doing it.

"Want a bet seh yuh get nothing? Shut up." I tell her a bit annoyed. She huffed out a breath but remained quiet for the remainder of our wait.

I rolled my eyes as we both walked out of the building with a drink and cake pops. Me is a next bloodclaat one too.

Watch how me nah carry her back a me one next time. Ago start leave her pon her mother mek she feed her mackerel and rice. Bay a that mommy used to cook.

It hurt me heart especially on days when I never saw such man. I would have to eat the mackerel because I didn't get the kfc or Chinese food like I usually do during the week.

I sighed thinking about those times at our old place. Our life did careless bad.
.
.
.

I was in my bed catching up on some work when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered shyly.

"What are you wearing?" His voice came through the speaker of my phone.

My pussy moisten instantly and in mere milliseconds I started to crave him.