Chapter 15 - 99 problems

"Alex, what I tell you about making decisions while you're upset?" He said in that calming tone.

Me nuh waah calm. I'm mad as hell.

"Don't tell me that. Don't you see how she fucked up?" I reasoned.

My mother gave the fucking Don my number. Why mi get a call demanding my presence in the community when I got home from work earlier? The big dirty laugh that left my lips before I hung up the phone could not be helped.

The day I left for university was the day I left that god awful place that I grew up behind. Everything that exist there including my siblings and that pedophile that they have as a Don, I cut ties with.

The fact that my own mother a try sabotage me like this is the biggest cause of my anger.

Is like she nuh want me do good in a life. Which is funny to me though because a me a sponsor her life. She don't pay rent, bills nor feed herself and her pickney.

Watch me and her.

"Alex, mi nuh tell yuh fi bill man? Why yuh a stress yourself over my small work?" He says sounding irritated.

"I don't care! I'll call you back later. I have something to sort out." I said before cutting the call. I have no time to sit and think about the consequences of what I just did. I'm on a mission.

Calling my grocery link in Portmore, I wait for her to pick up.

"Hi Alex, what's up?" She answered.

I sighed deeply because I know my actions will not just affect my mom but others too but it has to be done.

"Hi Sandra, how are you?" I asked, not really caring about how she is doing. "I would just like to let you know that I'm canceling our arrangement going forward. Please let me know my mother's balance currently and close off her tab. If she orders anything from you please know that I'm not the one responsible for the bill so take that how you will." I tell her, waiting for her to let me know the bill.

I usually do my mother's shopping with mine but she claimed that she would run out of little things during the week so I linked with Ms Sandra who has a minimart near my moms scheme.

Angela is going to slowly start to see how spiteful I can be. I am not to be fucked with.

"Alex, your mom bill currently is $23,850." Ms Sandra's voice rang out in my ear.

Twenty-Three bumboclaat thousand dollars at a mini mart and I just brought over groceries when I had picked up Ashley for our road trip to Ochi.

Yuh see that this lady a play in a me face.

"$23,850 for what Ms Sandra?" I asked. Mi cya understand what she could need in a week that requires that high of a bill.

"Well, she took some liquor, snacks, a couple craven-A, a few marina and underpants, roll on, hair oil and an axe spray, I believe." the shopkeeper rattled off.

Angela really is a hustler enuh.

This list is suspicious and I quickly realize why.

Suh yuh mean to say she have me a pay for things for her criminal son? Dirty Marco who would a drink and buy front from the careless girls in the community while we over the yard a feed pon mackerel and rice?

Angela don't easy one bit. I won't say anything to her though.

"Okay, well I'll clear up this final bill today. If she comes back over there let her know that you're not giving her anything on a tab anymore. She has to pay upfront. Ensure you tell her Ms Sandra because I won't be liable for anything that she takes going forward." I explained.