Chapter 22- Incarcerated

3 years ago

I sat staring at the TV screen as the news anchor delivered news that I'm not sure if I find good or bad

They caught him transporting cocaine into the US via Mexico. It was a whole lot and he had packaged them up in candy wrappers.

Nobody was suppose to suspect anything by the details that had gone into the operation.

However, based on the police report, the officers had been tipped off and knew exactly where to look.

They were in handcuffs the moment they crossed the border.

They were showing his face on 12 different news channels in live broadcasts. CNN had a helicopter on the scene showing the 20 fleet police team on the ground.

This was a major sting operation, one of the biggest since they busted Pablo Escobar.

I grew nervous as they listed off the familiar names that were involved. His stood out.

The man who was the subject of plenty of my nightmares. They kept replaying the look on his face when the police cars descended.

He looked fearless. Menacing even and I shudder each time he made eye contact with camera.

With such a large number of cocaine in his possession he will be surely put away for a long time. But, will it be long enough?

I wanted to call HIM. My savior and comfort in times like these but I couldn't. I know he will be there trying to make arrangements for their release.

I can't be a distraction at this time.

Again they flash his face on camera as the officers shoved him in the back of a police car.

The angered look he flashed them reverberated in my spine.

Someone betrayed him and I know they will be feeling the wrath of Delano Dlamini

________

 I was pulled out of my sleep by the sound of a special ring tone - Jade.

I sprang up, grabbing the phone off the bedside table and answered.

"Are you okay babe?" I asked, sounding very out of breath.

"No, dem snatch up me bredda and them a say me cya see him or talk to him Alex." a frustrated Jade told me over the phone.

Me nuh know wah fi tell him enuh because Delano been a pain in our asses for the past two years. He found out about us and has been threatening to release the information to the public. It is neither here nor there for me but I know that Jade is trying hard to get him out but the feds are the ones who has him and that shit is not easy to get around.

Despite everything that Delano has been up to, Jade always has a soft spot for his twin.