I lived

I could hardly breathe. I could feel the life draining out of me. Everybody could see it too.

I was back at the hospital. Let's just say my body was pretty fucked up now. I was in so much pain sometimes I just wanted the Doctors to put me out of my misery. But I didn't voice that out. Because I also wanted to live every second I had remaining, I wanted to be able to see the people I loved, smile at them.

Everybody was sad, it kinda sucked. But it was also relieving to see so much people care about me.

My friends from school came to say their goodbyes, they didn't actually say the words, we just hang one last time. I spotted a few pairs of watery eyes but everybody tried to be strong for me. We had so much fun. Well, as much fun as we could have at the hospital with one of us laying very sick in bed.

Some of my teachers came too. It was lovely.

All this experience of dying wasn't entirely bad but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared. I guess that's the thing with knowing that you are dying. Every second was scary. Every breath I took, I thought it'd be my last. But there was also a bright side, I got to say the things I've always wanted to say to the people I love, so I'd die with no regrets.

I guess pushing Tyler away would've been the best thing to do. That's what they do in movies. And trust me, I tried. But I couldn't. Even though I was dying, I still deserved some happiness. Selfish? Maybe. But Tyler wanted it too. Maybe he was crazy.

Ruby was strong to the very end. She stuck by my side like always, smiling like nothing was wrong, like I wasn't dying.

I directed my tired eyes at her, "you're the best thing that ever happened to me Ruby." I told her. I was wheezing as I breathed, I hoped she heard me.

She sandwiched my cold hand between hers' and smiled, "same here." The smile didn't leave her lips.

Ruby and I have always had each other's backs, I was happy to have known her. She introduced me to lovely people, her parents who treat me like a son, her brother whom I loved with every beat of my heart, I couldn't thank her enough.

"I love you." I said. More like huffed.

She smiled, but her eyes were sad. "I love you." She whispered, then rested her head on my chest.

I could tell she was crying, my t-shirt was damp with her tears. I bit down a sob, but didn't let the tears escape my eyeballs.

Tyler walked in and Ruby gave us some privacy. He was smiling at me and I couldn't help but smile back. "Hi." He greeted joining me on the bed. We cuddled and stayed in silence.

"Thank you Tyler." I spoke.

"For what?"

"I know what love is because of you." I smiled.

He smiled and pecked my dry chapped lips. "Some people would think you're insane." I told him. He gave me a questioning look and I continued, taking long pauses in between words to catch my breath. "Most people would run at the mention of cancer and death." I finished.

He shrugged, "what can I say, I've always wanted a dying boyfriend." He joked. I laughed and it turned into coughs, "plus I wanted to be the last to kiss your lips." He said with a smile, then he kissed me. 

***

I know I said "last chapter coming up" or sum'n like that BUT I've added another chapter so LAST CHAP COMING UP...? :!