tears

Katie's pov:

I anxiously bounced my right leg up and down as I waited outside the hospital wing.

Yesterday when Cedric fainted everyone around became quiet and eventually everyone was quiet, wondering what happened.

My heart stopped the second he fell to the floor and I instantly sat down next to him, trying to get him to wake up. I shouted that someone had to call Madam Pomfrey over.

He looked so pale and when I saw him in class today I think my eyes widened a bit.

I felt tears falling as I waited for madam Pomfrey to open the door.

"It's gonna be alright Katie." Hermione said as she gave me a side hug.

I leaned my head on her shoulder and held Mia's hand.

Ava came up to us and hugged me.

Landon had been quiet the entire time, I guess he didn't really know how to comfort me. But honestly nothing could help right now.

Except for Madam Pomfrey to walk out and tell me that Cedric is fine.

"Have you heard anything?" Ava asked us as she stroke my hair.

We all answered 'no' but then the door opened.

"He's alright but he's gonna stay here for the night, so I suggest you go to bed as well." Madam Pomfrey said.

"Can I stay inside? I'll sit on the chair." I asked and walked up to her.

"If you want to." She said and stepped aside to let me in.

I walked in and looked at him.

I felt more tears fall as I looked at his state.

I brushed his hair out of his face and smiled sadly as I sat down on the chair next to his bed.

I was gonna be awake the entire night until he woke up.....

The sound of birds woke me up.

Fuck.

I fell asleep.

The sun was shining in my face and I yawned.

When I looked at Cedric he looked at me.

"Did you watch me sleep?" I asked.

"Did you watch me sleep?" He asked.

"Only a little yesterday." I defended.

He smiled.

It was a long time ago I saw him smile.

"What did you take Ced?"

"Some girl gave me a pill." He shrugged.

"Why would you take it?"

"I saw something I wanted to forget." He muttered.

"What did you see?" I asked.

"Doesn't matter."

"Have you taken drugs before?"

"No."

"Since when did you start drinking and smoking so much?"

"How do you know?"

"Sebastian told me."

He didn't answer.

"What's going on with you Cedric?" I whispered.

"I'm so tired." He muttered.

I was about to ask him more but he continued to talk.

"Why didn't you tell me it was Justin?"

"What?"

"Justin is the guy that took your virginity and hurt you."

"He's your friend."

"Was."

I gave him a small smile and he stretched his hand out. I grabbed his hand and he pulled at it signalling me to come to him.

"Can you lay next to me please? I just need to have you close." He whispered.

I laid down next to him and was covered in his warm duvet.

His arms sneaked around my waist and he rested his head in the crook of my neck. I brushed through his hair with my fingers as he inhaled.

"I wanted to enjoy this one last time." He muttered in my ear.

I made him look at me and his eyes were filled with tears.

"What do you mean last time?" I asked.

"I can't be around you. It hurts too much."

"Why?" I whispered not trusting my voice.

"You're my everything Katie. And I wish I could be apart of your life and I'd give everything for you to be apart of mine. But I can't have you the way I want to have you and I know that. I hate seeing you with him so I'm gonna have to let you go, because even if I were apart of your life I would have to see you and him and I just can't." He whispered as his voice broke.

A sob left my mouth and the tears didn't stop.

"Ced I just need time. I just need to forget it."

"Don't force yourself to find a way to forgive me. What I did was horrible and you're doing the right thing being with a good guy. Seriously have you seen him playing quidditch?" He joked trying to ease the situation.

I chuckled and looked at him.

"I don't want you to be sad."

"I'll be alright." He smiled but I wasn't convinced.

"You should stop with the drinking and maybe find someone. You know Cho always gives you the flirty eyes." I said and lightly pushed his shoulder a little.

"It's fine, she's not the one I want."

I looked down not knowing what to say.

"We'll see each other around right?"

"Yeah of course." He nodded.

I held his face in my hands and caressed his cheeks.

I leaned in and kissed him. He pulled me closer and kissed me deeper. He pulled away and then gave me a few more pecks.

We both smiled sadly and I walked out as tears fell.

I wanted to forget about the bet thing but my brain just wouldn't let me forget it and I think that some part of me wants to forget it but another part doesn't want to forget it.

A/N: only love can hurt like thiiiiiiiiis