Sometimes Falling Is Better Than Standing

Later that night, Y/N and Wilbur discreetly headed outside, and Wilbur started to fly up with them. Inside, Phil, Technoblade, and Tommy were preparing to wind down for the night. "Hey, does anyone know where Y/N and Wil are?" Phil asked his two sons.

"Oh, I just saw them go outside," Tommy said.

"Outside?" Techno was confused, "What are they doing outside at this time?"

Tommy shrugged, "Dunno."

Phil walked over to the window, expecting to see the two. He looked left to right, and when he didn't see them on the ground, he looked up to find Wilbur flying with Y/N miles high up in the air. He started to panic, "What are they doing?" he said, slowly growing with anger and concern. Techno joined Phil at the window to see what was happening and saw Y/N up in the air. They watched as Wilbur let go of Y/N. Phil ran outside and screamed, "Y/N!" He started flying up, hoping to catch Y/N before they hit the ground. Not again, please, Phil thought to himself.

____________________________________________________________

"Alright, Y/N, you ready?" Wilbur asked.

"More than you know."

Wilbur picked up Y/N and started flying up. Y/N watched the ground as they flew up. They were about 5,000 feet in the air when Wilbur said, "Okay, this is as high as I'll go."

Y/N looked at Wilbur and smiled, "Okay, do it. Let me go."

"Alright, I will catch you, Y/N, I promise," Wilbur reminded them.

Y/N's smile grew, "I know you will." 

Wilbur let go of Y/N. They fell facing the sky and with their back to the ground. As Y/N fell, Wilbur flew directly next to them, ready to catch them. The world fell on Y/N, pushing them down to the ground faster and faster. I'm free again, they thought to themselves. Wilbur grabbed Y/N by their hand and spun them around while going back up when they were still hundreds of feet in the air. As Wilbur grabbed Y/N, Phil caught up with them.

"Wilbur!" Phil shouted, "What is wrong with you?" he turned his attention to Y/N, "Y/N, are you okay?" Tears ran down their face while a smile appeared. Wilbur smiled back at Y/N. "You're crying?" Phil asked, confused why the two were both smiling.

Y/N looked to Wilbur, "Can we do it again?"

"You planned this?" anger grew in Phil's voice as he glared at Wilbur.

Wilbur glared back and defended Y/N, "They needed this, Dadza. It's not like you were ever going to do it, so I said yes when Y/N asked."

"Of course I wouldn't have let Y/N do this-"

Wilbur cut Phil off, "Yes, Y/N, we can do it again." He flew up with Y/N once again. Phil looked to Wilbur and shook his head with disappointment and rage. He watched as Wilbur once again let Y/N go and fall to the ground but caught them before they reached the bottom. Phil flew back down and stomped his way back inside the house. Wilbur looked at Y/N, tears still running down their face, "You doing okay, Y/N?" he asked.

"Okay? It's amazing; this is everything."

Wilbur smiled, "Good. Let's go higher, yeah?" Y/N nodded their head. The two flew higher and higher up. "Listen, Y/N, I know I haven't been super supportive since you lost your wings, but whenever you want to do this again, don't hesitate to ask." Y/N looked Wilbur in the eyes, unsure if he was sincere. "I see it now- the look in your eyes when you're so high up, " Wilbur looked at them as they stopped assending, "Like you're a kid again, where you think nothing can hurt you." Wilbur breathed, "Like you're free to be whoever you want like no one can tell you otherwise."