8: Lost

Giyuu's POV:

I bite down on the rag covering my mouth harshly looking down at the gash on my leg leaving a hole in my trousers. I try to loosen the rope that has me tied to the tree but its to tight. I shift my position slightly on the branch I'm sat on and look down at the forest floor bellow me. I was at least 30 feet high.

I look around, taking in my surroundings and click my fingers 3 times signalling my crow. But, It never came. Was this a sort of demon art? I sigh into the rag and I begin to feel drowsy. Soon, my eyes began to close and I soon fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sanemi's POV:

The clothes that I hold fall to the floor as my fingers begin to tremble from the anxiety that now fills every inch of my body. I bite the inside of my cheek harshly as I crouch down, dipping a finger into the pool of crimson liquid that now seeps into the wooden flooring. Lifting the blood covered finger to my nose, I can instantly tell its human blood by the strong smell of iron in it. Demon blood didnt have any sent to it at all..

Panic washes over me and I quickly stand up bolting down the hallway. What happened to him? Were did he go in such a short amount of time? How badly was he hurt? Questions run around in my head as my lip begins to tremble.

Busting through the door, I rush outside and continue towards the main yard. Signalling my crow with a whistle it appears, flying beside me. "Find Tomioka." I tremble as a speak. "CAW" the crow sounds flying back up searching the grounds. As I begin to get closer to the main yard, I notice a group of the other Hashira, but I have no time for them. Rushing right past them, they all turn and I feel all their stare on me.

I dont care about them. I only care about Giyuu. Only him. No one else. Hes the only person that matters in this world of death and darkness. My run slows to a stop as I fall to the ground, my whole body trembling..

what if hes... if hes.. dead. I bite down on my lip, instantly regretting the thought of him laying somewhere, lifeless. I stand up, knees shaking as the sounds of running comes closer and closer. I stand lifeless as the other Hashira surround me. The world is a dull, cruel place. And Giyuu Tomioka may be a antisocial loner. But he doesn't deserve to live in this world. He doesn't deserve someone like me, who couldn't protect him. I'm useless.. utterly useless..

I collapse to the ground again, my whole body shaking. The others are speaking but, I cant hear what their saying. Ive blocked out everything and everyone. I have to find Tomioka. No matter what. I adjust my posture, quickly stand up and begin running. I'm not sure were. I'm just running, hoping ill find him. I have to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ive been running for quite awhile. I stop, stood still in the middle of no were and my crow comes down and lands on my shoulder. "well?" I ask. "CAW, CAW. TOMIOKAS CROW HAD BEEN FOUND DEAD IN EAST LAND WOOD A WHILE AWAY FROM HERE" my muscles tighten and I bite my cheek. "Dont report this to the others." I speak. "CAW" The crow replies flying away once again.

My hands tighten into a fist as I begin to walk east. Its soon turns into a run, dodging between each tree that comes my way. Id do anything for Giyuu. Even if that means traveling to the edge of the world and back. The sun begins to rise but I still run and run. without stopping..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

651 Words