9: land of blood..

Sanemi's POV:

The sight in front of me is horrid, Tomioka's crow ripped to pieces right at my feet. I clench my fists tightly as i bite the inside of my cheek. Blood, the crimson coloured liquid that infected the land. Crows are know as an animal that symbolises death, that why us demon slayer have them, were always around death. All the time. But seeing an animal of death, dead itself has an uncomfortable feeling to it.

Tomioka should be in the area, he has to be. Ive already travelled miles away from headquarters. And whatever demon took him, couldn't be any further as it would be a hassle. Especially because of the sun. I ask my own crow to scout the area as I do so myself. I pear around everywhere, behind every tree, inside any bush or cave. Nothing. No sign of him anywhere.

I sit down, leaning against a tree and sigh. Im still so confused about the situation. He disappeared within seconds, whitout making any sound. how? A drop of water falls onto my face and i wipe it off without a second thought, but then i notice. It wasn't water. It was blood. I stand up backing away from the tree quickly just noticing the small pool of blood near the root of the tree. I was sat right next to it! How didn't i notice?! I look upwards quickly.

There he was. My Midas, whose every action turned my heart to liquid, i felt myself turn into a jewel stunning enough to match the beautiful blue jewels that were his eyes.

The small smile that was planted on my face soon fades as I notice the limpness of his body. "T-Tomioka!" I scream up to him. He jolts awake a looks around frantically soon making eye contact with me.

He was so high up. How was I going to get him..?

I back a distance away from the tree and take aa deep breath, letting the cold breezy air fill my lungs.
I even my energy and strength out, into my leg and arms.

I relax my shoulders just to tense them again as I bolt towards the tree taking a massive leap launching myself upwards. I clean onto a branch I can just reach and pull myself onto it. Looking up I can instantly tell I was closer to Tomioka, but I was still a distance away. I look at my scuffed up palms from the rough bark and tighten my hand into a fist taking in another cold breath of air.

I launch myself branch from branch until I finally make it to Tomioka. I can instantly notice the rag clogging him mouth and.. the gash, the massive gash right across his leg. I bite my cheek quickly removing the rag that was tied around his mouth.

He gasps for air like he hadn't breathed this easily for weeks. I immediately hug him strangely enough, ignoring his shaking cold body. "Come on. We have to get you back to headquarters.." I speak backing away slightly embarrassed. He nods, putting pressure onto his wound. Without a word I quickly tear some fabric from my haori and wrap it tightly around his leg. He smiles slightly at me and we soon hang our lower body's over the branch.

"You ready?" I ask as he finishes stretching slightly. "yeah, lets go, quickly." He smiles back. Nodding I turn back to look bellow me. We both get branch to branch until finally making it to the ground.

But...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yum cliff-hanger :D

Lol soz for not updating in awhile ive had tests for school smh. Sorry if its bad :')

(also cover change again ^^)

622 Words