Mr. Evans

The Boston Brute - Pt. 1 (Mr. Evans)

Pairing: NHL!Chris Evans x Athletic Trainer!Reader (female character)

Summary: When you graduated from Northeastern University, you had your sights set on the West Coast. And then you were offered a position with the Boston Bruins Athletic Training Department. And then you met Chris. A 6′3″, ruggedly handsome hockey player dead set on making your life a living hell by pushing every button and getting on every nerve. Despite your obvious disdain for each other and the 'No Fraternization' clause in your employee contract, you're drawn together in a passionate, fiery love affair that seems to burn everything in its wake.

Warnings: Chris is an asshollleeee, language, sexual innuendos, parental death mentioned, legal alcohol consumption (the reader is in late 20s),

W/C: 7k

"Okay." You clasped your hands together, looking up at the goalie standing in front of you. "Don't forget your stretches. Twice a day until we meet next week."

Connor waved his hand at you, taking a few steps towards the entrance with his duffel bag hanging from his shoulder. "Yeah, yeah, I get it, mom."

You smirked. Always with the jokes, this one. He could joke all he wanted, but Connor knew you'd wring his neck if he ignored your strict instructions. Thankfully, despite his happy-go-lucky, carefree exterior, he was quite intelligent and very focused on his career. He knew that not listening would cause more harm than good.

"I'm serious, Townsend! I want you back on the ice in two weeks! Stretch it out!"

"Thanks, Y/N! I'll see you next week."

With a smile on your face, you walked over to the desk, grabbing the clipboard to check out the rest of your clients for the day. Today was relatively slow, with only one more athlete before you could call it a day. The team was still in the preseason so right now, it was really just a bunch of residual injuries. It wasn't until the season started that you got bombarded with torn ACLs, sprained ankles, and strained muscles.

"So, Chris Evans," Your coworker and fellow PT, Layne looked over at you, her eyebrows waggling, "have fun with that one."

You snorted, setting the clipboard back down on the front desk. "What is that supposed to mean?"

Chris Evans. Center for the Boston Bruins and your next client. Over the years, rumors spread about his brooding personality, but that was as much as you've ever heard. He was still in the league. Obviously, it was nothing too bad if he continued to play for the NHL. According to the client sheet, he pulled his hamstring at practice and it was your job to get him back on the ice before the season started up.

It was never that easy, though.

Most of these big, burly men didn't listen to you half the time, which is typically why they saw you so often in the off-season.