Epilogue - Pt. 2

The Boston Brute Series: Epilogue - Pt. 2

Pairing: NHL!Chris Evans x Athletic Trainer!Reader (female character)

Summary: When you graduated from Northeastern University, you had your sights set on the West Coast. And then you were offered a position with the Boston Bruins Athletic Training Department. And then you met Chris. A 6′3″, ruggedly handsome hockey player dead set on making your life a living hell by pushing every button and getting on every nerve. Despite your obvious disdain for each other and the 'No Fraternization' clause in your employee contract, you're drawn together in a passionate, fiery love affair that seems to burn everything in its wake.

Warnings: Lots and lots of fluff! Some language, but I think that's all! reader is pregnant :)

W/C: 1.2k

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. All players and scenarios are made up completely. This story does not reflect things that actually happen in the NHL or with its players. Additionally, I talk about Chris's family in this fic. Again, work of fiction and is no reflection of his parents or grandparents in real life.

 Again, work of fiction and is no reflection of his parents or grandparents in real life

"So... If you'll take it, the job is yours." You looked up from your desk at the young PT sitting in front of you, your hands folded and resting on your round belly.

It's been 3 years since Chris proposed and a little over 2 years since you eloped with only Connor and Marlowe as witnesses. You've always wanted something small and intimate.

Of course, you still wanted to celebrate with the team and Chris's family, so there was a small reception in Boston that ended with multiple members of the Bruins being carried out of the venue completely shit-faced, a food fight that got you a pretty hefty fine, but most importantly, happiness.

The Bruins, Connor and Marlowe, The Evans family all made up this perfectly imperfect bunch and gave you a family that you never had and always wanted.

After Chris retired and took on a job with ESPN, you stayed at your job with the Bruins for as long as you could, but like most professional sports, people were traded, the coaching staff was changed, and even Kip had moved on and taken a job in Detroit.

Marlowe and Conner were living in New York while he played for the Islanders, their wedding in just 10 weeks.

Pretty close to your due date actually.

The reminder made you smile slightly, pressing a flat hand against your belly and waiting for your little girl to move around.

You sat in your office at the practice facility just like you had with Marnie all those years ago and offered your job to a promising PT named Kala. She sat across from you, her eyes wide with excitement and pride.

Things were changing.

A lot of the team had been traded after Chris retired, and Rick retired after his wife Elizabeth had a minor heart attack last year. You were 30 weeks pregnant with baby number 2 and this just... felt right.