Good Boyfriend Moment (Dual POV, 🔥)

The Boston Brute Series: Pt. 11 (Good Boyfriend Moment) 

Pairing: NHL!Chris Evans x Athletic Trainer!Reader (female character)

Summary: When you graduated from Northeastern University, you had your sights set on the West Coast. And then you were offered a position with the Boston Bruins Athletic Training Department. And then you met Chris. A 6′3″, ruggedly handsome hockey player dead set on making your life a living hell by pushing every button and getting on every nerve. Despite your obvious disdain for each other and the 'No Fraternization' clause in your employee contract, you're drawn together in a passionate, fiery love affair that seems to burn everything in its wake.

Warnings: Crude language. Reader being insecure about looks, bringing up past issues with ex-boyfriends. SMUT (fingering, unprotected sex (wrap it before you tap it, babes), lots of dirty talk. 18+, please. Minors will be blocked.) Lot's of fluff and soft Chris. Please do not read this series if you are not a fan of asshole Chris or fics with a lot of angst. As always, let me know if I missed anything!

W/C: 6.4k

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. All players and scenarios are made up completely. This story does not reflect things that actually happen in the NHL or with its players. Additionally, I talk about Chris's family in this fic. Again, work of fiction and is no reflection of his parents or grandparents in real life.

 Again, work of fiction and is no reflection of his parents or grandparents in real life

Chris POV

Chris: Are you trying to kill me?

He sent the text with a smile on his face, watching you as you stood at the bar, your elbows propped up and your chin resting on your hands. You were so fucking cute.

You were a lot of things. Funny. Sexy. Charismatic. Sarcastic. But the one he loved the most, was cute. You were so fucking cute.

Your legs were crossed at the ankles, ass sticking out just enough like you knew he would be watching. He hated that he couldn't be affectionate with you in public. After all of these years of never wanting to be affectionate with anyone he's "dated", he craved that level of intimacy with you and it drove him crazy that he couldn't have it.

He spent plenty of time making up for it in other ways and was honestly surprised that you weren't tired of constantly feeling his hands all over your body, but Chris couldn't stop himself. He was the moth to your flame.

He had resisted the pull he felt to you at first, thinking it was just physical attraction and nothing more. For the entire 40 years that he has been on this planet, Chris never believed in soulmates or everyone having just one person that was made for him, but after you... He knew he'd been wrong.

You were his soulmate. In every way shape and form, you were meant for him. He could feel it.

He found himself wanting to say 'I love you' more and more often, but it just never felt perfect. The timing never seemed right. Chris had thought about saving it for when he took you home to Sudbury, but that was a little under a month away and it felt silly. If he knew, he knew. Why wait?