Don't Give Up On Me (Dual POV)

The Boston Brute Series: Pt. 6 (Don't Give Up On Me)

Pairing: NHL!Chris Evans x Athletic Trainer!Reader (female character)

Summary: When you graduated from Northeastern University, you had your sights set on the West Coast. And then you were offered a position with the Boston Bruins Athletic Training Department. And then you met Chris. A 6′3″, ruggedly handsome hockey player dead set on making your life a living hell by pushing every button and getting on every nerve. Despite your obvious disdain for each other and the 'No Fraternization' clause in your employee contract, you're drawn together in a passionate, fiery love affair that seems to burn everything in its wake.

Warnings: Crude language. Chris is an asshole. Somewhat toxic relationship/situation. Lots of Angst, neglect from the previous part is mentioned in this one, too. (18+, please. Minors will be blocked.) Mentions of violence, Chris being hit. The reader is cornered and made uncomfortable by someone in her hotel room. Forced Proximity with Chris. Please do not read this series if you are not a fan of asshole Chris or fics with a lot of angst. As always, let me know if I missed anything!

W/C: 9.8k

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. All players and scenarios are made up completely. This story does not reflect things that actually happen in the NHL or with its players. Additionally, I talk about Chris's family in this fic. Again, work of fiction and is no reflection of his parents or grandparents in real life.

 Again, work of fiction and is no reflection of his parents or grandparents in real life

Chris POV

Thursday Night:

"Bro, what the fuck?!" Connor yelled after Chris, jogging to catch up with him after you'd quite literally shoved him out of your house. His track record for leaving your house peacefully wasn't looking good.

Chris didn't blame you, though. He deserved it.

But he saw the look on your face when he told you you were beautiful and he panicked. He had been honest with you, though. Chris thought about you constantly. All day, every day. His thoughts revolved around you, which scared the living fuck out of him. It's the whole reason he'd kept his distance this week. The two of you didn't really even know each other that well and the way he felt about you, the protectiveness and the want, scared him.

It was no secret that he's gotten around. He's hooked up with his fair share of women, some more than once. But he's never felt this desperate for someone before.

He's never ached to touch someone like he ached to hold you.

No one's smile has even made his stomach flip like yours does.

It was confusing for him.

He'd never had an example of what love or healthy relationships should look like and even though he craved that with you, he knew he could never have it. He didn't deserve it. You didn't deserve a relationship that would be doomed from the start. You deserve someone who could treat you like you were meant to be treated. Someone who worshipped you. Not that Chris wouldn't, per se, but it wasn't enough. No matter how deeply he could fall, he knew that he would always do something to fuck it up.