What Are You Doing In My House? (Dual POV)

The Boston Brute Series: Pt. 4 (What Are You Doing In My House?)

Pairing: NHL!Chris Evans x Athletic Trainer!Reader (female character)

Summary: When you graduated from Northeastern University, you had your sights set on the West Coast. And then you were offered a position with the Boston Bruins Athletic Training Department. And then you met Chris. A 6′3″, ruggedly handsome hockey player dead set on making your life a living hell by pushing every button and getting on every nerve. Despite your obvious disdain for each other and the 'No Fraternization' clause in your employee contract, you're drawn together in a passionate, fiery love affair that seems to burn everything in its wake.

Warnings: Legal alcohol consumption (the reader is in late 20s). Weed mentioned very briefly. Talks of people having sex. Reader gets groped in a bar, someone tries to get her to leave with them. Language. (18+ please. Minors will be blocked.) Let me know if I missed anything!

W/C: 9.1k

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. All players and scenarios are made up completely. This story does not reflect things that actually happen in the NHL or with its players.

 This story does not reflect things that actually happen in the NHL or with its players

Reader POV 

You peeled out of the parking lot, laughing to yourself at the look on Chris's face.

He definitely hadn't expected you to throw Dean back at him. Not that you had really expected the jealousy you felt when he brought up the puck bunny waiting for him at home... but regardless, you got more of a reaction out of him than he did out of you. Add another tally to the mental scoreboard! Kind of... Was it honestly a tally on your end if you were so damn jealous of the girl he had in his bed tonight? Maybe each of you deserved a tally. He knew exactly what he was going to do when he brought it up. It was made very clear that the tension you felt wasn't just on your end.

You felt a little bad on your drive home, as confusing as it was, he was pretty upset about what Dean had said to you and he did take a penalty to put him in his place, but Chris was so fucking pushy. And enough with the 'princess' talk already. Who does he think he is? It's so unprofessional and if he kept it up, someone was going to think that something was going on between the two of you. You laughed at the thought.

Sure, you both have clearly noticed that there was some... attraction... but that's all that it was. Chris was an asshole. A ripped, tall, attractive asshole. But still an asshole.

Several minutes later, you pulled into the driveway, excited to tell Marlowe about Dean getting his ass kicked. Although knowing Payton, he would've already told her what Chris did. He never misses a Bruins game.

You walked through the front door and your heart sank. Your best friend sat on the couch, her beautiful brown eyes were bloodshot and overflowing with tears. Dropping your things, you rushed over to her. "Babe, oh my god, what happened?" You rested your hands on her thighs, giving her a second to collect herself. Whatever it was, she was really hurting.