Baby Steps (Dual POV)

The Boston Brute Series: Pt. 8 (Baby Steps)

Pairing: NHL!Chris Evans x Athletic Trainer!Reader (female character)

Summary: When you graduated from Northeastern University, you had your sights set on the West Coast. And then you were offered a position with the Boston Bruins Athletic Training Department. And then you met Chris. A 6′3″, ruggedly handsome hockey player dead set on making your life a living hell by pushing every button and getting on every nerve. Despite your obvious disdain for each other and the 'No Fraternization' clause in your employee contract, you're drawn together in a passionate, fiery love affair that seems to burn everything in its wake.

Warnings: Crude language. Chris is an asshole. Somewhat toxic relationship/situation. Lots of Angst, neglect from the previous part is joked about being Chris and reader. If you can't handle that, please do not read. (18+, please. Minors will be blocked.) Please do not read this series if you are not a fan of asshole Chris or fics with a lot of angst. As always, let me know if I missed anything!

W/C: 7.1k

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. All players and scenarios are made up completely. This story does not reflect things that actually happen in the NHL or with its players. Additionally, I talk about Chris's family in this fic. Again, work of fiction and is no reflection of his parents or grandparents in real life.

 Again, work of fiction and is no reflection of his parents or grandparents in real life

Reader POV

"Hey, you." You smiled softly as Chris walked through your office door, pushing it shut behind him. His hair was damp from his shower, styled back and out of his face with the exception of one strand that fell down the center of his forehead, curling slightly.

He let his duffle bag hit the floor with a thud. "Hey." He responded, mirroring the same nervous smile. Your eyes moved slowly around his face, memorizing his features. His smile was your favorite. Chris had only blessed you with an actual, genuine smile a couple of times and now that you guys have decided to give your relationship a shot, you longed to see it more.

"Need stretched?" You inquired, standing from your desk and raising your eyebrow playfully. He didn't. You knew that he was just coming to say bye and walk you to your car. It'd only been 3 days since you guys started officially dating and you were loving that you'd kind of already fallen into a routine.

Chris shrugged. "I wouldn't mind having your hands on me."

"Ha." You rolled your eyes, walking around your desk and leaning your butt against the edge. He sauntered towards you, stopping just before he reached you.

"Everyone else cleared out."

Your smile widened at the obvious statement. This was Chris you were dealing with, after all. "I figured." Even on days when he just had practice, he was still the last one out of the locker room. It made you giddy inside thinking that you were part of the reason for that now.