Sweden Sounds Nice

The Boston Brute - Pt. 2 (Sweden Sounds Nice)

Pairing: NHL!Chris Evans x Athletic Trainer!Reader (female character)

Summary: When you graduated from Northeastern University, you had your sights set on the West Coast. And then you were offered a position with the Boston Bruins Athletic Training Department. And then you met Chris. A 6′3″, ruggedly handsome hockey player dead set on making your life a living hell by pushing every button and getting on every nerve. Despite your obvious disdain for each other and the 'No Fraternization' clause in your employee contract, you're drawn together in a passionate, fiery love affair that seems to burn everything in its wake.

Warnings: Chris is an asshollleeee, language, sexual innuendos, parental death mentioned, legal alcohol consumption (the reader is in late 20s), reader talking down about herself a little.

W/C: 8k

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. All players and scenarios are made up completely. This story does not reflect things that actually happen in the NHL or witsit's players.

"He's not that bad

"He's not that bad..."

You rolled your eyes at Connor, moving the mouse so the computer came to life. It was almost 8am, Connor's appointment with you was at 8:30, but he always brought you coffee and joined you at open so he could talk your ear off about whatever or whoever he did this weekend. Today, it was different. You were beyond exhausted after being kept awake all weekend by Marlowe and Payton's relentless porno-making and were not looking forward to the fact that you had to deal with Chris later today, too, so instead of focusing on Connor, you vented.

About everything. Not that he seemed to care.

But first, it started with Marlowe and Payton and your annoyance with their constant need to be wrapped up in each other, Connor's rebuttal being that you were sad and single. Maybe he wasn't wrong... but that didn't save him from the shoulder punch you threw his way.

Then, you went off on a tangent about Chris. His attitude, his stupid fucking scowl, and constant need to argue and undermine everything that came out of your mouth.

Connor's 'not that bad' was in reference to your comment comparing him to Satan. You begged to differ.

"He is that bad, Connor." You scoffed, shaking your head while you sipped from the large latte he provided this morning, "He's probably not all sexist and grumpy when he's around you."

Connor's eyebrows jumped up in surprise. "Sexist?"

"Why else would he want someone else? He thinks I'm incapable of helping him because I'm a woman."

His eyes narrowed, "Did he say that?"

You huffed in response, turning your attention back to the computer so you could print out the client sheet for today.